Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eyedrops - Bad for your eyes?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dbomber757, May 24, 2009.

1. I've been hearing for a while that most eyedrops, including Rohtos which I currently use, are bad for your eyes. I've tried doing a little research on this, specifically regarding Rohto Ice and I haven't been able to find any answers, so anyone here got any insight?

2. No they are not technically bad for your eyes meaning you will go blind or anything like that. Just eyedrops are not supposed to be used for extended use on some packages it specifically says do not use after 7 days or so. The reason eyedrops work is because they constrict your pupils making them white. After extended use it will be harder and harder to constrict them and your eyes will always be looking redish and it will get worse and worse and your eyes will always feel as if they need them and feel dry and shit. If i were you i would recommend takin a little break from eyedrops like when you take t breaks and shit but idk man i hope this helps.

3. I was about to posta thread liek this yesterday when i saw another eye drop thread. I heard that the harmful ingreideint in Rohtos is menthol, which gives that cool tingly refreshing feeling on your eyes after using them. Ive stopped using them for the time being, because i havent researched the effect of menthol on corneas yet..

4. Clear eyes don't which are what I use. It even says use 1-2 drops up to 4 times a day in effect eye. I am pretty sure if they are telling you to use up to 8 drops in 1 eye per day, then 1 drop in each eye per time you get high will be ok.

5. fuck eyedrops imo. i stopped using them a while back, eyes rarely get red when i smoke these days.

6. haha i agree, i stopped using em a longgg time ago. my eyes never get red any more.

7. I use rhoto v's. I talked to my eye doctor and said it is fine and to not over due it. He offered me prescription ones that are good for your eyes and will bleach them pearl white and take away glare except they are really expensive and not covered by my insurance. Also it comes in those wierd dispensors and can only be stores in a fridge...Useless for me.

8. rhoto ice isn't "good" for your eyes, its got friggin menthol in it, but cleareyes and the like just help lubricate your eyes

9. mine get pretty damn red, but i've never used eye drops in my life.

i prefer some shades :cool:

10. Eyedrops aren't bad for your eyes on a tokers accord. because people who use eyedrops for reasons other than to hide the fact that there$ blazed use them because they have dry eyes beacuse there body doesnt make enough moisture for there eyes but when you dont have dry eyes and you use a lot of drops your body stops making the chemical that keeps them hydrated in the first place. just only use them after you smoke and nothing bad can come.

11. very good, the way ive grown to understand is that you basically get addicted to eye drops.

12. basically that's exactly what happens, same goes for nose-sprays and such.
    in most cases when you regularly give your body a supplemental substance over an extended period of time, it will adjust to having that substance available, hence making you physically dependant on that substance over time (painkillers are a nice example too)
    i wouldn't recommend using drops at all unless you're in a situation where red eyes can really get u in trouble, but always keep in mind that the more eyedrops you use the redder your eyes will ultimately become...
    just give yourself a year or so and the reddening will get less and less until it pretty much stops completely, at least that's how it worked for me. :D

13. All eyedrops (including clear eyes and the like) are intended only for occasional use. No eyedrop on the market is dangerous when used in moderation. That is what we have the FDA for.

14. Well they certainly aren't good. Anything that constricts blood flow cant be too good.

15. Yea what most eyedrops do is they contrict the blood vessels in your eyes(dilating is what made them red:weed) to make them white which isnt good for you. Its better to use lubricating drops, or artificial tears, but i use them ON OCCASION and even thats pushing it cuz i almost never use drops. Without the fluid that your body produces naturally for your eyes, it would be INCREDIBLY painfull to blink, ugh i couldnt imagine that. Use eye drops in moderation guys. Out of drops? Use your own tears! Hold each eye open until you start to tear a little bit.

16. Yeah recently I've been reserving my eyedrops for family and police encounters only... no one else matters.