Extremely vivid dreams?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by NuclearGuru, Jan 13, 2011.

1. For the past two or three weeks I have been having rediculously vivid dreams literally every time I go to sleep. I can barely accept them as dreams sometimes. Unlike regular dreams, I am in complete control of what I do during them. All of my senses are intact through them as well. I can literally feel, taste, do, and speak to anything or anyone involved. Before this started happening I had an unusually powerful psilocybin trip. Could that be the cause? I just woke from one and felt the need to inquire about it.

This one in particular was a very sexual dream. I ended up having a threesome with some Asian girl and her mother, and by girl I don't mean child. She was obviously of age. I could feel everything. It felt exactly like real sex and afterwards I consciously made the decision to go outside and smoke a cigarette from the pack I had bought earlier in the dream. The girl came out to smoke too and we had a fully interactive conversation. Very mundane things, yes, but the amount of realism amazes me.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Woah that's awesome. I heard vivid dreams are sometimes caused by astral projection while sleeping, but I don't think that would be the cause in your situation.

- peace, joy, love, and light

3. Another thing about this dream that I find particularly unusual is that I somehow recognize the girl. She seems familiar to me but I have no clue how. I feel like I have seen and possibly talked to her before.

4. I have a similar thing going on at the moment bro. Infact the other night when i was dreaming, i thought to myself 'hmm this seems to strange i must be dreaming, yeah this seems like a dream' but then i convinced myself it wasnt a dream.

I didn't have a shroom trip so i dont think thats the cause. :D

Are you coming off a period of smoking to not smoking? That's what causes it for me, as it is now.

5. In my dreaming history, anytime I "died" in my dream I would immediately wake up. Thanks to inception, last night was different.

I has a dream I was in Sinaloa Mexico, deep inside the jungle. Not sure what i was doing there, I ended up getting caught by drug cartels. ( I watched a special on Mexicos drug war last night) For some reason I thought of the movie Inception in my dream, and I thought that if i died I would not die, rather exit my dream. Someone lined me up against a chain link fence and pointed a gun at me. I covered my face with my hands in the dream, as I couldnt bear to watch the gun. I vividly remember feeling a quick, sharp pain in my inner head where I was shot. I then suddenly appeared in front at my house! I woke up shortly after.

I know this has been discussed before, but its amazing how you can FEEL perceived pain while not even being conscious. Really amazing stuff, also this is the first time in a dream I didnt wake up after "dieing". I'm attributing the not waking up phenomenon to the movie Inception.

6. same thing has been happening to me. just last night even. im always sad when i wake up and wish the dream world was my reality.

7. Consider yourself lucky, I'm usually reading tomes in a stone church in my lucid dreams.:confused:

8. Lucid Dreams are amazing.

I love stopping whatever fun filled activity I am doing to just look around and observe my dream environment.

One common factor I always notice is that everything is brighter and more vivid in real life (not to mention the fact that there are always trippy surroundings in my dreams).

But I know what you are saying man, I have always been a vivid dreamer. I have anywhere from 4 to 9 vivid dreams a night (nights with anywhere above 7 are more rare, but they happen).

9. Lucid dreaming/astral traveling is the shittttttttttttt :hello:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLsmpDZH1VQ]YouTube - "The Trap of a Dream"- Sadhguru[/ame]

10. i've been having very vivid dreams as well. you should watch Waking Life great film on dreaming and what not.

11. couple days ago i had a dream i was pregnant. my whole family was surrounding me in this bed and i was in labor. i asked them for some percs. im a male.

12. maybe you're gay? :confused::eek: lol:D

13. Your mind must be rewired, and must be hard at work...

It takes your brain activity to be heightened to dream like that. The subconscious is deep, and we do things subconsciously all the time. Dreams are made from your subconscious, while you are unconscious. Dreams are built by all things you have seen and felt that have had an impact on you one way or another. To be having vivid dreams like that. Means your activity is higher than normal. But remember, what goes up must come down, pretty soon, you might have the most least vivid dreams possible, then your mind would regulate itself, either that or you might burn out, which would be something to be worried about. Believe me, you would rather be leveled than too high, or too low. Balance is always key.

14. dude i love having those kind of dreams, not the pain but the vividity. Look up "lucid dreaming" on google if you like the subject of controlling your dreams. I have a lucid dream every 3 or 4 nights

15. a bunch of random people ive talked to have said the same thing.. weird brotha. i need to figure out how to control it though.. :cool::smoke:

16. It's been a few weeks and I'm still having these types of dreams every night. They seem almost like premonitions based on the direction my life has been taking. A lot of weird and pretty much unexplainable things have been happening to me lately.

17. Maybe your dream world is merging with your real world?? I think that's what's happening with me.

18. Can that really happen?

19. I've never heard of it happening, but it definitely seems to be what's happening with me. We're on the verge of great things. Things that have possibly never been done before. Don't be surprised by anything. Anything is possible.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. I've had some pretty freaky dreams myself. Especially when I take melatonin or if I get drunk. I've had many dreams about demons and dead babies and things like that. I don't see how my own mind could come up with those kind of things. Makes you wonder if an outside force is controlling our dreams at times. Pretty crazy shit happens in dreams.