Extremely scary heart problems only after smoking weed, plead help!

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by walkingthun, Aug 28, 2017.

1. so I made this account only to ask this question. One night I ate 8x the recommended amount of edibles and my resting heart rate skyrocketted to 150bpm. This came with extreme heart pain, stomach pain, and a tingly feeling in only my left arm.I went to the hospital (didn't tell them as my parents are strict about it and we're there). It had never happened before but now it's happened every single time after that (seven times total). I have an extremely accurate portable heart rate tester that I use frequently now. I'm an athlete and my average resting heart rate is 51bpm but no matter how little high I get my heart rate goes upto 145+ along with all other symptoms. It feels like I'm having a heart attack, I haven't smoked for 3 weeks now and I'm thinking that I might ever so sadly need to give up marijuana. What do you think? Has anyone had something like this? I saw a doctor and she referred me to a cardiologist and I have an appointment 3 minths from now.

2. If using cannabis gets your heart going that fast and you fear for your wellbeing,
    discontinue using cannabis.
    It's that simple.
    It can effect different people in different ways.
    Seems like it's not for you.

3. Sounds like anxiety / panic attack to me.
    Try to make sure you use Indica.
    What did they tell you at the hospital? Did you have a heart attack?

The problem of being dishonest with doctors is that they will treat your symptoms thinking you are a healthy athlete. Otherwise they would send you home with a cookie and told you not to eat eight times the recommended dosage.

4. #4 Elem3nt17, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Panic Attacks and Panic Disorder: Symptoms, Treatment, and Tips for Overcoming Panic
    Signs and symptoms of panic attacks

Shortness of breath or hyperventilation
    Heart palpitations or racing heart
    Chest pain or discomfort
    Trembling or shaking

Choking feeling
    Feeling unreal or detached from your surroundings
    Sweating
    Nausea or upset stomach
    Feeling dizzy, light-headed, or faint
    Numbness or tingling sensations
    Hot or cold flashes
    Fear of dying, losing control, or going crazy

Sound familiar?

Panic attack absolutely, the experience can be very traumatic the first time. I couldn't smoke without having violent tremors and super fast heart rate for a long time after my first one at 16 years old, I ended up in the hospital they had to give me a benzo to snap me out of it.

Once you recognize it for what it is you can control them better. I would also recommend this technique for when things are really bad it may sound strange but there is science backing it up and it does work to slow your heart rate, it's gotten me out of a few jams before. To relax your heart, try the Valsalva maneuver: “Quickly bear down as if you are holding a bowel movement,” Elefteriades says. “Close your mouth and nose and raise the pressure in your chest, like you’re stifling a sneeze.” Breathe in for 5-8 seconds, hold that breath for 3-5 seconds, then exhale slowly. Repeat several times. Raising your aortic pressure in this way will lower your heart rate.

Also try not to focus your train of thought on your heart rate, in that moment your mind will just go round and round convincing you that you are dying or that you are going to have a heart attack...you wont haha trust me you wont. Just gently nudge that train of thought onto something else, it will go back to your heart rate but don't get frustrated just gently nudge it onto something else while working on that breathing exercise and it will subside.

Or you could just quit smoking the ganja, I love it too much and was too stubborn to let it go. It's a learning through experience deal, when you first start smoking it's all good times and fun until you learn that there can be downsides, mainly anxiety and paranoia.

After many years I feel like it boils down to the strain, and your mindset. If you are convinced prior to smoking that your are going to have a rapid heartbeat your mind is going to make that happen. And sometimes the strains chemical composition comes into play. Like when I buy shatter I will buy 5 or 6 different types at once, and every once in a while one of the grams will make me paranoid as shit and anxiety ridden. I try a different type and nothing happens, try the original gram again and yep sure enough it makes me paranoid as shit so off to the 'smoke it if theres nothing else around' stash for that gram haha.

• Agree Agree x 1