Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Extremely Paranoid!!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BTNHSmokez, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Okay I am registered at cannabis.com but it was acting dumb and not letting me post so I registered here. Ok I am 18 and I have been smoking since I was 13. I would never feel like this, for the past 6 months or so whenever I smoke I feel extremely paranoid when im around people. Sometimes its like I can read their minds and they are thinking bad about me. And i find myself constantly staring at them because I feel like theyre staring at me. This pretty much always ruins my high. Im never like this when im sober. I always tell myself that Im just tripping and not to worry about it, but once i take a toke it starts up. How can I stop this? Please! Help me out!

2. Its a combination of not feeling comfortable with the people your around and doing too much too fast. You need to stop smoking to get fucked up, but instead to relax and talk about shit that's going on in the world/at school etc...

3. I smoke to get relax. I dont smoke to get fucked up. But thanks for your imput.

4. My advise would be to go back to your comfort people. Smoke with close friends, or people you trust and go from there. Just dont pay attention to what other people are doing, and be you. I mean, it sounds like your comfortable smoking (since youve done it for so long) so why not act comfortable. I dont know what your situation is but i mean so what if people know your high, if they dont like it fuckem. If you do get paraniod, breath deep, and do something to keep your mind off other people. Ipods, computers, tv, anything to get your attention off what you are thinking. Hope it helps

5. Paranoia, by definition means irrational, I believe, so think about that. It doesnt help, I know it wouldnt help me, but couldnt hurt to state that. I feel the same way sometimes. Think about the fact that they obviously cannot read your mind, remind yourself of that. Your just thinking deeply because you are stoned. One time at a friends house I stumbled into some bicycles, that my friend earlier said his friends were really into using. I was really worried but decided to put it behind me, and not worry about it, I didnt want to ruin my high being scared, and I remembered that when you are high, what you are worried about should be taken very lightly, if you are not worried about the same things while sober, it is your mind making it up, remember that. Finally the most important thing to remember is that you shouldnt pay to inhale smoke to feel paranoid. If are not enjoying it, there is absolutely no reason to continue.

6. That doesn't sound relaxing. You don't think these things while sober, so why should it be the same while you're high? Realize that the people around you are not changing, it's your own mind that is changing and thinking these things. And it's hard to change your own thought process, but like the other user said, you have to be comfortable in your surroundings and around the people you are with. I get paranoid around people I don't know sometimes, but am chill as can be around my friends.

7. You won't get paranoid unless you really have something to be paranoid about. There must be some reason you feel that way. Its about the person, not the weed. Weed does not make you paranoid, its just you. I know some people might disagree, but I really dont believe that a side-effect of weed is paranoia..it might make your mind go crazy so you start to think too much but I dont see how it could directly make you paranoid

8. thanks for all your replys :)

9. Try to convince yourself that you're just thinking irrationally because in truth, you are. The pot is just giving you social anxiety but you can overpower those thoughts by thinking logically about the situation youre in.

10. I know what your saying, but I dont think I have anything to hide. I mean Im a good looking guy (no homo) and I think im chill but idk why that changes when Im high.

11. On saturday i was drinking and i decided to smoke a bowl and I had a really good high. I wasnt paranoid at all. I mean im not like this all the time but its usually like 4 outta 5 times.

12. HAHA the only thing that every got me paranoid while smoking was when I used to think my parents would find out.
    I think its just your mind going crazy, when I get high I start talking a lot more bc I cant stop thinking of shit

13. And yeah, drinking has to be the ultimate cure for paranoia

14. haha yeah i think thats what sparked it off

but idk if this is why, maybe not, but i started acting like this when i first tried salvia..

15. I just really hope im not the only person like this.. i dont wanna feel weird or anything, well more weird than i already feel

16. Sounds like a minor self esteem issue. You think everyones judging you, but in reality their not.

I went through a stage like that a while back when I started smoking... now it gives me an entirely new perspective where I dont care much what other people think about me, cause I'm still gonna be me.

17. This is probably right. It truely makes sense. How did you overcome this?

18. I think you're overthinking everything. Next time you smoke, do it to calm down, and be happy. Just relax and enjoy yourself, if you feel getting paranoid, just stop and think to yourself about calming down. Like fvaambush said, it might be a self esteem issue.

19. Honestly I dont remember. Somewhere along the line I realized how stupid it was to dwell over what people think about you, what people say about you, if they're judging you. we all judge eachother.

it's funny because i've heard other stories similar to this where smoking weed for a while makes people more outgoing and social.

You can overcome man it man, its all in your head.

20. No you don't get what he means. You need to "relaaaxxxxxx". If you were really relaxed, you wouldn't be paranoid. Veteran smokers could easily be calm on even the STRONGEST sativa strain out there.

Just let the feeling come to you naturally. Become used to being high, and the high will be used to you(smoke a blunt and let that saying sink in :p)