Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Extremely low tolerance?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PCjabber, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Hey fellow blades,

I'm not new to smoking, but I didn't start smoking more "regularly" until about 6 months ago (probably about once/month on average before that). I've been smoking basically daily since then (though some weeks, it's been less frequent), and I typically only smoke at night. Since mid/late July, I've been smoking out of my 15" Weedstar Payday straight tube (my first tube, and I really like it :)). Before that, I usually smoked out of my small spoon or a small homemade bong or waterfall.

Anyway...I think I must have a ridiculously low tolerance. I'm not sure how much I'm packing when I smoke (scale is on the way), but it's been over a month since my last pickup -- and that was an eighth. I know some of you guys go through that in a couple hours ;).

I am taking prescribed unmentionables for ADHD, and I've heard/read (anecdotally) that this particular one can change one's tolerance for alcohol. Could it be affecting my tolerance for weed too, or is it possible that I just have a really low tolerance?

2. No I don't think so. I was taking all sorts of anti-anxiety pills and wasn't suppose to drink on those

I think you're taking fat rips off that bong

3. Heh, maybe so :)...but that doesn't really explain the low usage, does it? I mean, just doing the math, we're talking about less than 0.1g/day.

4. are you only smoking once per day? That's a great way to keep tolerance in check

5. Typically once or twice a day; like I said, mostly at night...so, not an all-day kind of thing. Maybe somewhat of a catch-22 -- don't feel like I could fully function being high all day, but if I smoked more regularly, I might be able to function better.

I guess I'm just not aware of how much it takes to build a tolerance :eek:. At any rate, I shouldn't complain, eh? :smoke:

6. I had the same thing until recently. I smoked pretty much every day for a while and my tolerance just stayed low as fuck even when I smoked with my friends who would go through like 4-5 bowls a session. Then I smoked hash and my tolerance skyrocketed

7. Yeah it's just that you're not smoking a lot is all. The meds your taking shouldn't really matter, but I will say that ADHD meds are shitty and you should look into getting off of them

8. I've found that the quickest way to raise your tolerance is to smoke more than once a day. If you're just hitting it once a day, then you'll have great highs every time (but they'll be better if you take a few days off here and there).

Still... if you have a low tolerance, thats a good thing. Go rip a fat bong and stop complaining about a good thing :D

9. yeah, best thing i ever did. Clear yourself of the adderall/ritalin you wont regret it

10. and me honestly that shit fucked with my head within 2 months cannabis hasnt done that in 9 years and cannabis actually helps me unlike the unmentionables.

11. It is the fact that you only smoke and eighth a month that keeps your tolerence low. The amount of THC that will make your tolerence higher is built up in your system by smoking a larger quantity than what you smoke. You have to remember that your body is a filter and is cleaning out what you put in it as well. One must put more on the filter than the filter can handle in order to see something changed in the computer. The workers aren't going to alter the computer settings if things are able to run effeciently. Or, they may change the computer at unnoticable amounts every day. This can be even more detrimental as you may have an "oh-sh*t" moment when you realize, one day, that your tolerence has increased drastically and your burning a q a week.

12. Be happy your tolerance is low. In a couple years you'll be wishing your tolerance was like it is now :p

13. i used to have a low tolearance too. i went through an eighth in a week by smoking nightly. luckily the shitty tolerance will be back considering i haven't smoked in three months when my probation ends.

14. Sorry for the delay in replying...things have been busy over the past week.

Thanks for the info...I agree that there are some side effects I'm not too fond of, but at the moment, things are balanced enough for me to not want to take a chance at screwing up a semester by getting off the meds. I can't justify reasoning to my doctor or family (I maintain a close relationship with my parents, and they're aware of my meds having many positive effects, so there would be some questioning as to why I wanted off of the meds) without divulging information that I don't really want to right now ;). If anyone's curious about this or wants to discuss further, let me know (PM is fine), but I probably won't pursue this much more in-thread since it's semi-OT.

At any rate, thanks again for the information; I'll keep it in mind.

Good way of putting it, thanks for the insight :)

Heh, like I said, I wasn't trying to complain about a good thing -- just wanted to find out "why."

Honestly, though...sometimes, it can be a hinderance. For example, it's sometimes hard for me to control the amount I smoke without getting ripped :p

15. #15 CSterbz, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2011
    And this is a problem????? I'd kill for a super low tolerance :smoking: just enjoy the herbs brah

Also not a good idea to smoke on your adhd meds. It's either one or the other cuz i think, and dont quote me on this cuz i aint no doctor :smoking: , but taking those meds counterbalance chemicals in your brain or some shit.

And the more you smoke, the more you cannabanoid receptors in your brain get "worn-out" which causes high tolerance

16. Yeah, be happy. I'm jealous as fuck. Even when you're with friends, I don't wanna be the cool kid with the high tolerance. I wanna be the kid who's just geeked out of his fuckin mind

17. I haven't asked my doctor about it...though I've wanted to a few times. A little nervous about doing so for (probably) obvious reasons...

With that being said, I've read lots of anecdotal 'evidence' and done some of my own research that suggests that there's no harm in smoking & taking the meds...at least with the medication that I'm on. Won't mention any names here, but it hasn't been mentioned so far in this thread.

Now, I don't make it a point to smoke right after taking my meds or anything; as I said above, I typically smoke at night, so my medication has usually already worn off by then anyway.

18. eh some people need them man like me

19. Pharmaceutical speed is all they are man, fuck that you don't need that shit imo but if you like it than it's whatevers I guess

20. You're right about what they are, but there are a lot of things that we don't know about the brain yet. The fact is, they do help some individuals with ADHD, and it's thought that people with ADHD have some sort of chemical imbalance in the brain (as is thought with many other psychological disorders).

Are they over-hyped? Yes.
    Are they over-prescribed? Probably.
    Do they have shitty side effects? Sometimes.
    But in a lot of modern medicine (Big Pharma, that is), the "important" question is -- do the benefits outweigh the risks/negatives?

Just because the medications have negative side effects for some people doesn't mean they're not right for anyone. Everyone's got a different body chemistry, which is why there are so many different options for meds in most of Big Pharma. :)

</OT>