Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Extremely low tolerance

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by firestar571, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Hey guys. I'm a moderatly experienced toker, probably have gotten high around 25 times (don't know if that's a lot or not). I've noticed something, my tolerance is extraordinarily low. I think its getting lower also. Before, to get stoned out of my mind, it would take about 6 or 7 hits out of my friends bong. Recently, I got stoned off 3 hits from a bowl, and my throat is sensitive so i don't even take in that much smoke before i cough. I got as high as i've ever gotten off those 3 hits, and the problem arises in that my stoner friend who introduced me to weed has an extremely high tolerance, and takes forever to get high. Because of this, he often thinks I am faking being high when I am seriously in another world.
    Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

2. I seem to have a lower tolerance than most people. A lot of times I'd smoke a 2-3 bowls with some dudes, and be perfectly happy. Then they'd continue on to smoke a blunt or something, but I'd pass.

I never knew if it was because I just didn't want to get ridiculously high (I don't usually like getting stoned out of my mind, just a nice "normal" high, I guess), or if I just have lower a lower tolerance. It may be a combination of both.

3. I got high 25 times today.

It is probably the quality of weed that is changing, not your tolerance.

4. 25 times isn't that much so your tolerance will probably rise slowly

5. You're still a new toker your tolerance shouldn't really jump much at all for quite a while after first getting into smoking, honestly it took mine 8-12 months and I was smoking often every day

You may just be inhaling better, I had to learn to inhale deeply, it also took me a little while to get used to I guess being high but once I did I was getting really really baked

There's nothing wrong with taking 1-2 hits and being right where you want to be, having personal pride in tolerance is a strange thing

6. been smoking 20 years now and I still get high off 2-3 hits...

7. 25 times isn't even smoking for a month everyday. You still have a LOT of tolerance to go man. Blunts, joints, bongs, spoons, steamrollers, bubblers, grav's, gas-mask, vape, the list goes on and on. You're not even at the tip of the iceberg.

You can take bong rips but can't handle the bowl? Probably a shitty piece giving you harsh smoke.

8. Yeah and those 25 times were spread out alot.. i smoke probably once or twice every other week. Also my friend iced his bong alot if that helps. When its not iced i cough ALOT.