Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Extremely High Heart Rate While High

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Fodolo, Jun 23, 2016.

1. This is about my third post on this topic becuause it concerns me so much.

My heart rate jumps to about 140-150-160 when I am at my peak high. It gradually goes does of course when I get back to myself.

Is this ok? I wore a heart monitor for 24hrs and I have had 2 EKG'S done. Both with no alarming results.

Now I do have anxiety so I think that might play into my high heart beat. It's hard for me to enjoy the high when my heart rate is 150bpm.

Before someone says "Maye weed isn't right for you". Will the high heart rate go away the more I smoke?

Thanks!

2. As long as your healthy, I would guess it wouldn't bother you. Shit, maybe it would benefit your heart.

But I'm no doctor.

dilligaf

3. I've had anxiety for the better part of my life and exact same thing happens to me and it is very scary, it happens mostly if I smoke either too much weed, or take a strong edible, but mostly it's with smoking sativas then give me a great head high but triggers my anxiety and my heart has even been higher at around 165-170 and you just have to wait it out and try to relax, find something to focus on, but for me it's just waiting for it to end, and we know that it will eventually wear off and we will be fine m its just our fight and flight takes over which triggers the side effects of anxiety, is say if your a new smoker try and stick with indica's there better for anxiety, also look for low thc High cbd strains, also quick question from someone who also has anxiety while being high, do you even forget that you've either said or asked someone something and then go and ask again over, and over? Ok asking because it sometimes while I'm high and my anxiety has take over, I'm just curious, also since you've had heart monitor and ekgs and such done, it helps to remind yourself that you will be ok and it's nothing to worry about, also try watching a show and every few mins repeat what they've said on it to yourself I find it helps me to keep track of time and to make sure I'm not having gaps in time ugh, anxiety with a pain, best if luck finding the right strain for you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. just need to chill out man and relax it will go away maybe dont smoke as much take a hit wait 20 mins before anothe

5. Jus chill ull b fine

Stay high

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for the great reply. Yea I ask people all the time when I'm high to feel my heart. I ask them no body has died from weed before so why would it be me? I keep repeating that to myself. It's cool knowing someone is in the same boat as me

7. Question
    What is your general health like?
    ie:
    Do you exercise daily , and get your heart rate up around 140 when you do
    I have noticed that when I was in bad shape (overweight and lazy my heart rate would be higher
    Sometimes when you do not have a good exercise rate your rate goes higher when smoking.
    Not sure on others but this happens to me.

Most likely anxiety, don't smoke so much at once
    Take a few hits and wait, after a while do a few more
    Don't try and kill it all in a few tokes.
    Mellow out is the word...................

8. Exactly it's good to know we're not alone with this anxiety state of mind, and wow i always thought I was insane for asking family to feel my heart and then I would just forget I asked and go back seconds later, well it felt like seconds it could have been any amount of time from when I first asked, lol,

9. Your situation requires an antidote, and the antidote is heavy Indicas and or CBD, but assuming your dealing with the black market, those may be difficult to acquire,

• Like Like x 1