Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Extremely Bad Trip On Edible - Please Help.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Nadakan, May 5, 2014.

1. #1 Nadakan, May 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2014
    Hi all,

I'm sure you've heard of bad trips on edibles before but if you could just read my story on what happened to me recently and see what you think..

I had never had edible weed before 29th april just gone. I'd smoked a bit. I am small framed and hardly often drink or smoke. I know I am light weight. However, I think my reaction might have been a bit much.

On the 29th April I had a very small square of edible marijuana. We knew it was strong because my grandfather, who suffers from cancer took a very tiny bit in order to help him with his depression and ended up becoming very dizzy and sick.

On the 29th I was due to go home from visiting family and so I was naturally a bit upset. On the way to the airport, I took the edible. About 40 minutes later all of a sudden I felt a rapid warmth creeping up on my body. Colours were more sharp. The normal high.

However, not very long afterward I started to feel VERY out of reality and extremely paranoid. I could not focus well on anyone or anything and my vision kept crossing over. I could not stand up properly without badly loosing my coordination. I know that part of what it was was a panic attack. The unreality of everything and the intense paranoia was too much. By the time of 10 minutes I was regressing into a childlike mode, hanging off my grandmother panicking not for her to leave me. By the time I arrived on board the plane, I was so out of touch with everything that I collapsed out of fear and the fact that my reality was removing itself from my eyes. I ended up going into a psychosis like state, not being able to string sentences together or understand what people were saying as well as pretty much complete loss of my short term memory. I had to be sedated and taken to the hospital because I was insisting on being put to sleep as it was too horrific to experience. I was screaming in the airport that I was going to die.

I was prescribed Avitan and have since visited the hospital 3 times. I have regressed into childlike mode a number of times and had random emotional outbursts.

Today it is 10.10pm on 4th May and I am still feeling like I cannot coordinate very well when walking around, very very zoned out and severely dissociated and sometimes have a tendancy to panic because I start thinking nothing is real.

This certainly should not last this long should it!?

I also have a mild form of epilepsy and I am on a med for the epilepsy. Of course, I made sure that things would not get complicated from weed. I also have a history of childhood trauma. I acknowledge that because of these two things, my reaction will probably be more severe than perhaps someone who doesn't go through pre-existing issues as such.

But...is it normal to feel SO out of it almost a week after. I feel very trapped and it is pretty much a nightmare how everything is right now. I almost don't want to be here because this feeling is absolutely horrible. :(

I will be going to a Doctor again just incase complications have occurred such as Serotonin Syndrome. Even as I'm writin this, this doesn't seem at all real.

Thanks a lot for any advice you can give..

2. Can't hang

3. I wouldnt be too worried man. I highly doubt the edible could have caused any permanent change in your brain chemistry. Just sit it out and im sure youll be back to normal soon.

4. Idk man, just play basketball and go for a 3 - 5 min jog twice with a 2 minute walk inbetween. Don't forget to stretch.

I got verry high one day and remained the wave from head to toe feeling for almost 2 weeks, it got kind of annoying after a week though. If I get that high again ill be able to manifest it with meditation.

Also, where's the tl;dr?

5. It's just pot you won't die. You'll be back to normal soon..

6. Workout tomorrow until you want to go to bed
    You need to rebalance your dopamine and probably some other hormone's levels
    I'm being very serious too, if it were me, I'd go for a very hard run in the morning, weights mid day, and a long swim in the later afternoon

7. Calm down.. Weed would not cause a chemical change in your brain like that. It would help all the symptoms you describe. Especially a nice edible.Try some CBD oil for your epilepsy.
    In the past 5 hours I've ate 9 cookies (small sized, but still potent) and I'm absolutely fine. My head is in the fuckin' skyy.

8. #8 Heroic Dose, May 5, 2014
    @[member="cball"]

im a little skeptical that youd be able to complete the process and be allowed to board the plane if you were so damn out of reality....

edit: oh wait, did you not make the flight and instead went to the hospital? think i mayve misunderstood

9. This sounds like anti-pot propaganda. No way it stays in your system for that long, it just doesn't work like that. Maybe a little burnt the day after some hard smoking but not 5 days after, no way in hell.

New age reefer madness, paid posters trolling marijuana forums with terrible stories about bad trips imo. Payed for by Budweiser.

10. Maybe its not your thing. Or maybe edibles were too strong. Thats it. Try smoking next time if you still want to continue. Chill out. Peaceful thoughts lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Weed is a psychedelic, and edibles are 11x stronger. If you had a super dank brownie, I can see one getting very high. When you're high your thoughts are having thoughts, basically. Combined that with a history, I can see how the pot could trigger something. 

Right now you're feeling the effects of the other drugs you're on, the weed trip is over lol

12. Just because someone has a bad experience on cannabis doesnt instantly mean theyre spreading "anti pot propaganda". The OP sounds geniunely worried and concerned for his mental health.

To OP, some people that deal with depression and anxiety are more prone to panic attacks while under the influence, especially pot brownies. They also are much more severe because of your altered conscious. It sounds like your suffering from derealization/depersonalization. Just abstain from drugs and stay active make sure to get out of the house even though it seems foreign. Try to change your thought process when thinking about the unreal feeling it will get better slowly but surely.

Sent from my N860 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure the anxiety of the airport incident is just wearing you down causing your anxiety to spike even more. I'd say eat some healthy food drink lots of water and get lots of rest..should be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

14. Lol @ the "anti pot propaganda" post.
    Op, marijuana is a mild psychedelic, and the edible you had was probably very concentrated.
    It was probably bud turned into hash oil, and then hash oil turned into cannabutter, then cannabutter into your edible.
    And, that can be an incredibly psychedelic experience.
    You need to be in a comfortable setting in order to have a positive experience.
    If youve never had any psychedelic experiences, it can definitely trigger TEMPORARY derealization.
    I have experienced derealization when I was like 13-14, or something like that.
    Drove me crazy for a few months, but I let go of the negative thoughts and moved on with my life normally.
    I swear to you that you will resume your life comfortably shortly.
    Perhaps edibles are not your thing, my friend.
    Also, I know that taking an edible before a plane flight probably sounded like a good idea at the time.
    You probably assumed that you'd eat the edible, and chill out the whole flight.
    What you failed to take into consideration is the possibility of you getting incredibly fucked up lol.

After a first run in with a powerful experience like this, you WILL feel off for a couple of days, to a week.

What I would suggest is for you to replenish your body and mind with natural remedies.
    Go out and purchase some 100mg 5-HTP capsules.
    Take 1 in the morning, and 1 before bed.
    That will help replenish serotonin in your body, which will calm your anxieties and provoke a positive mentality.
    Eat 2 bananas each day before a workout. That'll provide enough energy for a good 2 hour workout.
    Also will do a number a benefits for your body and mind, also replenishing serotonin.
    I would strongly suggest walking, jogging, lifting weights, pushups, abdominal workouts.
    Sit in a sauna, thats pretty relaxing as well.

You sitting there and letting your mind wander into negative dimensions will not help you. That will only drag this feeling on longer.

You need to keep yourself busy.
    Drink plenty of water, and engage in relaxing activities.
    Get plenty of sleep.
    Eat right. Even if you dont eat right all the time, add a ton of fruits/veggies to your diet until you are feeling Better.

Cannabis will not harm you in any way.
    This was a case of wrong place, wrong time.
    You would have had an entirely pleasant experience if you were chillin in nature all day during your high.
    But instead, you did it before entering an airport. Where hundreds upon thousands of people are coming and going, none of them familiar faces. Lots of loud noises. Tons of cops and TSA, and plus, waiting for your flight is a fuckin bitch.

You let your mind go to a negative place during the experience, and you aren't letting go of it.

Once you do that, you'll be good to go, my friend.
    Now you know not to make this mistake again.
    Dont let it scare you away from cannabis either.
    Cannabis has a ton of benefits to be enjoyed!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. #15 d1ng1zx2, May 5, 2014
    so basically you're mind was blown by some wacky tabaccy?

16. Talk about LOL! A week side effect from marijuana? BULLSHIT! It's just not that kind of drug Period. No way no how, EVER.

Misinformation is all over this shit. Just blatant ignorance or lies...that does the pot movement no good.

17. No you fuckin idiot, i said he will feel 'off'.
    It's a perception change that inexperienced users will go through when they've undergone a powerful psychedelic experience like this.
    The reason why this is effecting this person in a negative manner is because he wasn't expecting to be pulled out of his reality, which is what psychedelic experiences do.
    Hes never experienced it before, so he will feel very weird for a while.
    Ive personally experienced this.

I am a psychonaut, ive been doing this shit for years.
    I know what the fuck im talkin about.

18. #18 420stoned666, May 5, 2014

19. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. It won't happen to someone who's experienced with powerful psychedelic states like this.
    Seriously.
    Go eat a whole batch of brownies, have a crazy psychedelic experience.
    Tell me you dont feel off for a week or two.