Extreme Wilt and Leaf Die-Off

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by surfing4ever24, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Hello, all long-time member first time serious grower and poster. 1st grow is in danger of complete failure and I need some serious help!

I am growing Liberty Haze in a DWC Hydro tent setup with a 400w HPS Light (about 1-1.5feet away). I am halfway through week 4 of flowering cycle and have encounter some extreme leaf wilt and die off of the top sets of fan leaves. I am using hydroton, a 6 inch net pot  regular tap water, supplemented with cal-mag and the fox farm family of nutrients. I have a 250cfm exhaust fan through a filter which creates a good deal of negative pressure. I have no intake or fans within the tent. 

It was just fed this past Sunday and on the feeding schedule I am supposed to be feeding it again today but I want to make sure it's not a nutrient issue before proceeding and making things worse. I have been following the Fox Farm Hydroponic feeding schedule located HERE. The reservoir hasn't been cleaned since flowering began, I have just been adjusting for pH. My PPMs have always run a bit higher than the range on the guide but so far I have never observed it to be an issue.

Temps in the tent have been within a steady range of 73-83 Fahrenheit(22-28C) with relative humidity in the 40-60% range. There are two other soil plants within the same tent that are budding along, however, only one of them exhibits the same symptoms as the hydro which leads me to believe it could be a fungus due to only certain strains being more susceptible?

I have not observed any bug action on or at the base of the plant. I am basically thinking it is some type of vercillium wilt, perhaps some type of water issue (overwatering/too hard of water, etc.), or a nutrient issue (deficiency, burn).  I was hoping for some expert opinion today before proceeding to help minimize further damage. 

TL;DR: Extreme plant wilt and leaf die off. please help. 

Images Here
    http://imgur.com/a/7OBl2#0

Attached Files:

2. Heavy Nute burn. What is your ppm/ec?

Look into the Lucas Formula for a sure fire cheap schedule.

3. Thank you for the diagnosis! Last reading before I flushed and redid the reservoir was 2010ppm, I also have pretty hard water to start with at 353ppm so I flushed and used distilled. I will look into the lucas formula today thanks!

Reservoir pH before the flush was a little high at 6.3, I've flushed the reservoir and refilled with distilled water and I'm now holding at 5.6pH and 1600ppm.