Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Extreme weight loss from smoking

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by sethyy3, Oct 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ive been a habitual user since i was 15 years old. I’m 19 now. After 4 years of getting high roughly 4-6 times a day (mainly from gravity bong) my tolerance is absolutely insane and i’ve weight less now than i did when i was 15. I’ve never been a big guy, so losing 10-20 pounds really shows on my body. I’ve lost nearly 50 pounds. I’ve been aware of my bad eating and sleeping habits and have addressed them over the last month waking up from 11AM everyday and not eating until 5PM to 6:30AM everyday and eating almost immediately. Yet my eating and appetite have seemed to increase i’m not gaining weight and may come to the conclusion smoking marijuana just fucks up my metabolism and makes me lose extreme weight. I never thought i would be embarrassed to be skinny, but i somehow found myself here. Do i stop smoking weed for good? Is this just all in my head? I really don’t understand why weed fucks up my appetite like this.

2. #2 JointLivesMatter, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    I wouldn’t blame the weed, although weed may actually slightly contribute to weight loss

Really it appears it’s just your habits, your sleep schedule and eating schedule is terrible.

Also you need to change your diet. Start lifting weight, buy a weight gainer protein. You have a body type like me where my metoblism is unreal but I went from 130 pounds to 190 nearly within a year just by working out and changing diet. You need to up your protein, calorie and carb intake but don’t eat crap food like pizza and etc. eat healthy foods but a lot of it like potatoes rice chicken breast steak and etc

Also btw lifting weights will naturally make your body crave food

Get yourself on a consistent schedule your body likes that and will eventually adapt but it will take time

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks a lot for the great in depth reply, great appreciated. I will take your advice and go on a protein based diet. A year is a long time, my only problem with working out is finding the motivation after working a long day. Smoking weed comes first, i don’t see myself ever stopping that, but i’ve cut back to 3 times a day now.

4. Weed can play a part... look at snoop dogg and wiz khlafia for example haaha. But your metabolism is probably the biggest one. Try eating more often with higher calorie meals and lifts weights.