Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Extreme Q Temperature Issues

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by StoneyMcStu, Nov 21, 2014.

1. #1 StoneyMcStu, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
    Hey guys, I recently purchased the Arizer Extreme Q desktop vaporizer. All has been working amazingly so far, and I've no regrets about buying this little black beast. Recently I got some really nice bud, the fluffiest, frostiest Master Bubba you'd ever seen.          

WP_20141120_22_25_32_Pro.jpg

I was totally hyped to smoke it, so I began the usual routine of heating the Extreme Q up to around 210c and then packing myself a nice bowl of around 0.2g.

WP_20141121_13_53_51_Pro.jpg
    Usually at this temperature I'd get at least 3 creamy vapor hits through my bong. After I started vaping however I noticed the clouds coming into the bong weren't as dense as usual and I didn't seem to get as many hits out of it, but I did feel real stoned. The weirdest thing though was that the weed was basically still green when I took it out of the bowl (bearing in mind that this was at a pretty high temp of 210c).

Here's what it looked like after vaping.
    WP_20141121_13_55_23_Pro.jpg  

Anyone else had anything like this happen? Also, what temperature do you guys vape at for optimal vapor? 

2. I start mine at 200 then work up to 230 by the end of the bowl.

Did you pack it and then let the glass bowl and elbow get nice and hot?
    I'll pack a bowl and let it sit for 15 mins at least before I start it. Good vapor every time that way.

3. bud should turn light brown or dark brown when it's fully vaped.

4. I think OP knows this lmao.

5. Yeah, I usually at least wait a good ten minutes before I start vaping, except with this strain the vapor was extremely thin. Tasty, but thin.  I also read somewhere not to vape over 220 in order to ensure healthy vapor. Dunno if that's true or not, maybe I should just kick it up to 230c and see what it does to it.  

6. Well even if you max it out it won't combust so it'll still be vapor. No harm in trying it out man.

7. Didn't seem to get any more vapor after turning it up, and it didn't change the color at all. Strange that it's only this strain that's doing it haha

8. #8 Johnny Blazed, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
     break some bud up and just leave it there and let it dry out for a couple hours and see if that helps

really fresh bud sometimes dont vape all that well