[Extreme Q] Should I be seeing vapor?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by overheatedmud, Dec 22, 2012.

1. I just got the Extreme Q and I've only used it twice so far but I'm loving it. It does get me feeling nice and well, but I'm not sure if I'm getting everything out of my bud. The first time I used it I set the temp to 190c and was looking at the hose trying to see some vapor but I didn't, I could taste it though so I knew I was getting some. I started to turn the temp up and I still saw no vapor in the hose but saw some as I exhaled. So now I know I am getting vapor, but I'm still unsure if I'm getting as much as I should. So could you guys tell me what you see when you vape? Pictures would help but I don't need them, thanks.

2. Try this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07mIhuyDdTY]Extreme-Q Vaporizer Tip - Elbow Screen Packing - YouTube[/ame]

3. I find packing the screens works better for the whip/h20 gong adaptor... with the bag, I only ever put the fan on 2, no screens.

4. I choke off the huge rips i get from elbow packing sometimes, but i don't really see any vapor in the hose but its almost like smoke on exhale.

5. I don't really bother with the elbow packs anymore. I no longer see the need since I'm able to get nice clouds anyway. Of course, the bud does end up packed into that screen no matter what to some degree, so perhaps this is a distinction without a difference in this case. You should try it. You'll notice a big difference if you've been delicate with the drawing of air through the whip. That was an issue for me at first. I think I found the lack of back pressure disconcerting and felt like I should draw air very slowly over the bud.... Eh, I don't know if I'm making sense any longer.... Hope that helps.

Anyway, your experience sounds pretty normal. It's been a while since I had a clear hose (replaced with a more opaque tubing) but you can see the vapor in the elbow joint when you pause on the inhale and then when you exhale, or you should, anyway. It may take a little practice to maximize the clouds you get, but it sounds like you're on the right track.

6. Thanks for that info RamAbballah, I have been drawing slowly on the hose so I'll try that differently today. I'm also drying out some ground bud right now so hopefully that will make a difference.

Also what temps do you use? I read many different opinions but they were all around 200c, up to 220. I've been using 220+ to get nice clouds and going up from there, maxing at 240.

7. 240C ?? Man, if you're going to go that high and get all those toxins at that temp, you might as well combust.