Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Extreme Q not what expected

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Tokah, May 26, 2010.

1. So with the whip, you set the temp and leave the fan off then just suck?
    The heat still comes through correct?

2. Vaporizers have a little bit of a learning curve, over time you'll learn how to hit the vape efficiently.

I love vaping and do it 90% of the time. It gets me way higher than smoking does.

3. He is the person who MADE the product so I doubt his temp would be incorrect :rolleyes:

4. I'm not doubting if he can confirm that, but 335c is 635f which I'd assume isn't good for it since it's 100c higher than the remote goes.

5. I have an Extreme and it works perfectly. Better than smoking IMO. I start at 200C then for the last few hits up to 220. Using the whip connected to my bong. Just put the mouthpeice in the downstem and hit it. You will be higher than you've been in a while. I stop at 220C because I use the leftovers for butter. Use 1/2 oz. for 1 stick of butter. Knockout butter.

6. This. :wave:

7. i bought the q not too long ago. it took me a little while to get used to it.

try this. pack up the screen in the elbow of the whip (not the cyclone bowl). set the temp pretty high, 230-240 c. let everything warm up five or ten minutes, and then hit the whip.

i like to use fan setting one too.

have fun!

8. I bought the Xtreme Q about 3 months ago and was pissed bc it wasnt working how I thought it would. But I kept on using it I found the rite temps to set it at and learned to let it warm up first and now I can get waaaaay more baked using my vape than my glass.

I set the temp to 250c, turn the fan on 3, and let the bowl warm up for about 10-15 minutes (the longer you let it heat up the better). Then I turn it down to 180-200 for the first ballon and then turn it up to about 220 for the second and like 240 for the third

9. I completely agree. I borrowed a vape from my buddy when he was takin a break and im tellin you i would get ripped off of .2 and that shit would last 30 mins plus in the vape. Also you should save up all your vaped weed and make hash with it. I would recommend anywhere from 350F - 392F. I usually put it around 350 for a lighter high and 392 for a nice stoney high. And if you have some good bud that shit will taste so good in a vape. Vape's are definitely tied for my favorite way to smoke next to a bong.

10. Wish I had some weed to take you guys up and try it. I don't have enough to pack in a vape.

Should I grind it a fair amount first or leave it bigger?

11. the more finely ground the better.

12. #33 LoveOfTheNug, May 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010
    I have an extreme q and it gets me higher than any other method and also gives me the best high.
    Heres what I do.
    I preheat the bowl for 8-9 minutes .
    Grind up my dank. I put some in the elbow and I put some in the bowl.
    I put the cyclone bowl on and then I do a second preheat for the herb this time. Only 3-4 minutes.
    Then I set it to 225 C and the vapor that I get is soo thick and milky that I cough and choke. This is where I set up a bag or turn the temp down to keep the dank warm while I take a breather.
    I highly recommend this to anyone.. It takes a while to get to know your unit.
    The temp displayed is not the actual temp with the extreme q. It is very close but on the low side so dont be afraid to start out with a higher temperature. I have never had combustion with the newest model. The heat is not constant unless the fan is on. I always start out between 225-235 c because I prefer thick vapor.

13. I have an Easy Vape and I love it, but I'm considering picking up an Extreme Q. What do people think of it overall by comparison to other ones?

RE: earlier posts, yes it's definitely a different kind of high. A lot of the high feeling you get from combustion (ie. bong) comes from your body fighting off the toxins you're pumping in by smoking - so yes, it's going to be different when those toxins aren't there. I love it though.

One thing I've tried lately is plugging my PVC whip from my vape into my bong's downstem and doing bong rips with the vaporizer. it fucking WRECKS you and you still get the feeling like you're smoking - especially if your bong has a percolator ;)...give it a try.

14. Glad to hear you can still get ripped of the Q. Just ordered one a half hour ago and can't wait to get it.

15. then your not using the vape right:rolleyes:

16. Yeah dude I definitely get high as shit from the Magic Flight. Off of only one bowl usually too :D I hope you discover the true high from a vape soon :wave:

17. This couldn't be more true. I have a simple vaporite that I've had for like 3 years and whenever I use it with friends I feel like I have to give a detailed explanation of how to use it. Vaporizers take some time to get used to, I feel every unit has it's own unique 'sweet spot' But once you find that spot.... :D