Extreme LST Experiment

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Russy, Mar 10, 2010.

1. cool thread.. im about to experiment a couple plants as well. i love how many different methods these plants grow:hello:

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Final weight came in at a sweet and tasty 29 Grams. :D

3. Man, this thread was amazing...how is it not packed with replies?

I only wish I had stumbled upon it sooner. Thanks for taking the time to document this, it really was impressive!! +rep

4. Thanks Zill ! :wave:

I really had a lot of fun with this project, I learned a lot by having a plant to abuse and do crazy things to ! Its a real learning experience to see what a plant can really take as far as bending and trimming go's . Thanks for checking it out . :hello:

5. i was directed here from your QWISO guide and i'm glad it was a good read! the after harvest pic of the plant is awesome :cool:

6. :p Nice thread man. Shame you went and insulted our 1995 monitor screens. I think you'll find its called a LAPTOP. No rep for you... :p But then again... This is a good thread... I'm feeling nice today. Lucky you :D

7. just an observation... do you foliar spray your fan leaves with anything on a regular basis? i.e. Neem, Einstein Oil, etc? they're super glossy looking. Notta bad thing, just curious...

8. Stress caused that.. Looking back at this thread makes me laugh... Oh how far Ive come.

9. I started LST way late...I was hoping not to need it and it's my first time to grow.

I only have a 48" tall tent and still vegging (in about a week it will be around 2 months).

In 3 days I was able to reduce the plant's size by 10"! The base stem was about 7/8" so I really was thinking it would not bend that well or that fast.

The pics are from yesterday, today I was able to bend them further and the terminal cola is already re-aiming very well for the light.

Very glad I tried to do something. It was White Widow that was going up way too fast. The White Castle (the only others I am trying) are much shorter and bushier in comparison.

Nice to have an even canopy of plants again. :smoke:

So I'd say it's never too late to try if you get yourself in a similar situation.

The images below are pretty crappy. It has been very minor stress to the plant (much more stress for me worrying about it!). The plant was just watered and misted so the drooping is pretty normal right after that is done.

I wish the images were better, but kinda shows how it is working. It's an experiment for me that I am glad I tried.

Just staked the main stalk and bended using string and duct tape on a smart pot. Got the 90 degrees and now the fun is really beginning. I reduced the height from bottom of smart pot to top of plant by 10" in 3 days.

http://forum.grasscity.com/photopost/showgallery.php?ppuser=327605&username=xlorn

10. we have tried this theory a bunch of times in many ways. we super crop like its going out of style and they always get right back up. have to tell people, its a fucking weed, it will grow to spite you.

a bad story but a extreme scenerio. not sure if its a scenerio if it happened. but eitherway.

causin does 9 plants a light in 18 gal totes so 2 lights is about 11-13 feet of distance. any way, was covering a window in his room with a sheet of plywood and dropped it on basically 2 lights worth of plants and crushed them all down into the pots, the plants where about a foot and half above the pots and touching each other. they all survived and turned out to be the 2 best lights in the room. they kinda stunted out the first week after it happened but once back on pace did perfect.

11. :( I cant see the pictures and I search whole day for good lookin plants:(:(:(:(

12. I deleted most my pics sorry.
    Deleted the threads to , but for some reason they are still here..

13. Could you please put those pictures back.I live to see good weed.He he