extreme help needed!!!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bginc, Oct 12, 2011.

1. ok i have been having this problem for awhile now and have no idea what it could be. first off all my veg plants look extremely healthy and do outstanding, growing with fox farm ocean forest soil and use small amounts of grow big and big bloom. they are under t5's for about a week then i put them under a 400mh for a week maybe two at most, until they are roughly 10 to 12 inches.

Now the real problem. im using a 4x8 tray with two 1000 watt hps lights under 6"xxxl hoods for a maximum foot print. im doing a sea of green so i add 6 plants every week and im using a top drip system.

now for the past 3 maybe 4 weeks now i have been giving my plants just ph'd water for the simple fact that i can't figure out my problem. i thought i was overfertilizing them because after 2 weeks every single time im having the same outcome. all white hairs on many if not all plants except maybe 2 or 3 per week have all singed white pistils or no pistils at all. r.o. water is consistantly between 6.4 and 6.8, the soil is even ph'd correct and the runoff is never a problem either.
    the highest the temps get is 83, 86 last night for the first time ( turned the a/c off because the outside air has been beautiful( live in socal). this is a huge problem that i cant seem to fix. the lights were about 16 17 inches away so i moved the lights up even farther away to see if that helped but even the buds and pistils at the bottom of these plants are doing the same. basically all new growth looks like it. no bug problems that i am aware of i have even taken a few out and broke them down to inspect the roots and everything. roots look great. any help would be greatly helpful.. maybe light stress..im a very sad grower right now.

Attached Files:

• 108.jpg
      108.jpg
      File size:
      209.6 KB
      Views:
    • 109.jpg
      109.jpg
      File size:
      204.4 KB
      Views:
    • 110.jpg
      110.jpg
      File size:
      303 KB
      Views:
    • 111.jpg
      111.jpg
      File size:
      240 KB
      Views:
  2. That's what pistils do when the plant is fed too much nitrogen. They are 'thick' for a lack of a better word, sparse or missing, the ones that do grow look like snail antenna instead of the hairs like they are supposed to be. The dirt you are using is more designed to take a grower thru about 3-4 weeks of veg, it is stocked with nitrogen that you aren't using up before you flower them. so your dirt is N heavy and you are flowering with it...

3. thanx for the input..one question i have on that is that i have basically been flushing or not using any nutes for about 3 weeks now, twice a week they are watered. and even the newest of my plants are starting to do this too. do you think it is still the soil being to high in N?

if you veg more in ff soil what would you think would be an appropriate approach once in flower? thanx

4. A basic soil mix without nutes, cut with some of what you have on hand would decrease the N load in it, might work better for you. If the basic soil mix lacks perlite cut it with perlite, then add to the FFOF, So like 1/2 what you have, cut with the basic soil once you have added some perlite to it. If the basic stuff you find has perlite in it, just 1/2 n 1/2 mix it. FFOF is very 'nuted' as dirt goes. Some strains of plants are more nute sensitive than others, you must have sativa leaning, nute sensitive plants...

5. ok that sounds good i will def try that.. lets say if i just gave them ph'd water and no nutes during the veg cycle for about the 3 weeks i have them there would you say it would be ok not to have to mix a lighter soil in for the flower phase and slowly bring on a bloom fomula? maybe im juicing them with to much n while they already have enough then by flower its just overboard? thanx again!