Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Extreme Heart Racing After Smoking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JMorters, Apr 4, 2016.

1. #1 JMorters, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    I know some of you will have had a laugh after seeing the title of this thread, but I thought I'd post it anyway, just to get some responses to my personal story. I'll start off by saying I've been a bit paranoid about my heart since 2014, and I smoked weed twice before what I'm about to tell you happened, in December 2013 and sometime in summer 2014. The first time I smoked I was with some friends at the time, I wasn't majorly affected, I just found everything a bit funnier and I went through a whole KFC bucket. The second time I wasn't very affected either, but I remember feeling a bit anxious. Now, this happened in January 2016: I went to a bar with some friends, had a good time, the bar closed and we were still drunk so we just wandered around town for a bit, then we met some people who the girls I was with knew, I got talking to one of them, my friends all left and she asked if I wanted to walk to hers to smoke some weed, I probably wouldn't have said yes if I was sober, on the way there the guy who was there lit up a joint and it got passed around to me, I took a small puff, when I did he said "oh by the way it's got heroin in it" and laughed, I momentarily freaked but he said it in a joking way, so we get to the girl's house and I feel uncomfortable, her stoner dad is just sitting in the middle of the room high af, the guy lights up another joint and it gets passed around to me, I take two or three hits and just mong out on the couch, after a few minutes the girl asks me to come to the kitchen, I do and she rolls a cigarette and we smoke it, I'd smoked quite a few cigs that evening, then she starts kissing me, now she's not very attractive but I'm drunk/high so I just go along with it, she takes me upstairs, then goes downstairs for a reason I forget, then I notice that my heart is beating pretty fast, and it gets faster and faster, it seems about 200 bpm, I then begin to freak out and go downstairs and tell her "my heart is beating really really fast", I think I'm going to die that very moment, I go outside to get some air, the guy who provided the weed comes in and says something like "Dude you just have to chill out, it's like when I said it had heroin in it you just need to stop freaking out", then the girl asks him "what did you give him?" and he says something I didn't hear, too panicked at the time to really concentrate. After that I seemed to calm down, it seems to have had lasting effects though, I've had a number of panic attacks since then, my paranoia about my heart has come back strong, I've been worrying that a problem with my heart caused this to happen, or that the weed was laced with some scary shit. Also, a couple days after I developed a really bad throat infection, I couldn't even swallow my own spit it was so painful, thankfully I got some antibiotics and that cleared it up, but I read that a throat infection called epiglottitis (?) can be caused by crack smoking, so that got me worried there was crack in the joint or something else in it caused the infection. I had a party a week and a half ago and a friend who smokes quite regularly said he has got heart palpitations from weed before, and that it's not going as fast as you think it is and it depends on the strain you smoke, which reassured me a bit, but generally it's been horrible ever since then, I've even had a bit of paranoia, thinking people are out to get me and shit.

So... thoughts?

2. Well I'll say this given that you have only smoked a few times in your life and also being drunk does amp the highness up or at least it does to me, I'd say maybe just a panic attack, but the guy also said heroine was in the joint and that would have freaked me right out weather jokingly or not, I mean who says that?!, id say given that you suffer from anxiety and such maybe it's a good idea to go see an cardiologist and have them look at your heart and run some tests, I'll also say that heart palpitations are very common with smoking weed so that could have been what you were feeling but then again I'm not a doctor, hope it all get sorted out

3. #3 Cactus Ed, Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    Hi J, welcome to GC. The more you worry the faster your heart will beat. Weed does tend to increase heart rate and when you notice it's faster than normal you start worrying and that makes it go faster so you worry more and it just goes faster. I went thru that a long time ago and know exactly how it feels. It may help to remind yourself that no one has died from smoking weed and you're not going to be the first so just ignore your heart rate. And about any additives, don't worry about that either because even if there was something added, and I doubt there was, nothing can be done about it now and it'll be completely out of your system now so why worry about that? The next time you smoke only take a small hit and stop for half an hour and see how it goes. The higher you are the chances of a panic attack, which is what you had, go up so until you're used to smoking pot and realize it's not going to kill you take it really slow. If you still get weirded out then don't smoke.

And I think it's pretty fucked up of you to criticize the girl's appearance like that. Too superficial.

• Like Like x 1
  4. That was interesting. A whole bucket of KFC? WOW! And the throat infection, I read everything that you wrote, the girl wasn't as pretty, was she just not pretty, (don't hate me!) or was she just rough looking, like the saying, and I hate to say this, rode hard and put up wet? LOL Maybe, you got something from her. I guess there was tongue. I am glad you got some antibiotics, but I think we have all had that racing heart thing but I would do what WakeNBake2013 said see the cardiologist, if you are that worried. Isn't nice to have a place to go and get some advice. I like GC. Just take it easy. I got so high with my grown daughter and her husband, the weed was really strong, and it smelled so good. I got so high, that I could not keep up with the conversation and get this, I got a pad and pen, proceeded to TRY and write down what they were talking about so when I wanted to chime in, I could refer to my notes, and be right on with the conversation. I felt a little sick, also. Sometimes it is just your time to have it happen. By the way, I could not keep up with what they were saying so what was written was in another language, weed language. LOL Hope this makes you feel better.:mellow::mellow::ladiegaga:

5. Seems like you have some damage to your lungs.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Thoughts? I dunno out of all that wall I got you had extreme heart racing, your friends said to calm down. etc. MJ can increase your heart rate when you smoke it. Sounds like you just got really really high and had a bad anxiety attack?

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app