Extreme Guerilla?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by evilnester666, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Ya I am definitely thinking about being a mile away from the farm, as well as having an elevation advantage. I like the idea of the trot line a lot.

Ya I have been wondering how to handle bear/mountain lions.

Also my camp would be nothing compared to my safety. I plan on being able to run at least 3 miles with no break before doing this. As well as having my escape route planned.

It is weird watching this idea evolve. As my life moves on and I continue to think about it, I see synchronisities that are almost SCREAMING at me to get even more motivated about it. I have spent the last 4 years of my life living, hoping to bring people along on my plans, how I would have so much to offer them. All it has done is set me back, and take me even farther away from myself, and fucked over in the end. As of the last 26 years I have been living by a set of rules, that are not for me. I feel like I am a criminal in my own home. I have to hide the things from my family that I hold onto so closely, things that allow me to be happy and sane. I have a huge restless leg problem that only comes on when I do not smoke before bed. Last night was 7 1/2 hours of misery, 2 hours of sleep.

The machine has failed to stimulate me. I think its time to become one with my only safety line to sanity, mary j. It seems like my life is crumbling apart faster then I can grap, yet at the same time a better image of life is growing faster then a lowryder and more potent then some sour d.

I think I need to go get blazed, and start planning this thing from the beginning. I just hope all that have contributed to this thread will stick around and continue to point out my weak spots. I really have valued everyones input so much, I can't thank you guys enough.

2. dude. we should talk.

where you from? OR, WA, nor cal, bc? I've been checking out lots of places in the hills of NW OR on google earth. I like to talk, but I really shouldn't say too much.

3. I just wish you could keep this thread going during the grow! Obviously impossible. We will sure as hell be here in the entire planning stages though. Hopefully we can help you get everything together so that you will have a great time out there.

4. I'm up in WA, there's a lot of places here if you know where to look. Just one thought, abandoned logging areas have one drawback: Lack of trees = grass and deer habitat = hunters in the fall. I'm thinking more of a National Park type area. No hunting allowed, and in the fall when the plants would be the most vulnerable to to rippers (both because the buds would be ready, and because a lot of the naturally camouflaging vegetation dies off) hiking and backpacking drops way off.

If you do some research, you will find that .gov has taken a lot of the old hiking trails off the newer maps to keep people from traveling them because they don't have the resources to maintain (and patrol) them. A lot of them are overgrown, but lead to some good areas to explore for a guerrilla grow. I found this out while searching some hiking web sites looking to trace the original Press expedition through the Olympics (It did not follow it's current "proclaimed" route which is a very popular trail, they branched off and went up the Goldie river). Both E-bay and Amazon are good places to look for trail guide books published in the 70's and 80's that have trails on them that no longer "officially" exist.

Just a thought,
    Jack

5. Excellent ideas Jackhandy. Whether extreme or not, these types of areas are the best imo for growing weed in the wild. + rep

6. ya, hunters are my main concern in the areas I plan on growing in(clear cuts with trees replanted that are 2-20 ft tall). hunters and moldy buds are the two main reasons I wanna get a strain I can harvest before oct. I think hunting season usually starts sometime in oct in OR, but bow season is going in sept. there's not as many of them, though.

-you get in more trouble in np's with drugs compared to land being owned by the state, fyi. .....I'd know. I'm on prob right now for a pcs charge in yellowstone np.

7. idk bout u but i would bring a shit ton of bud stored in airtight mason jars or you might go a little bit insane. (maybe a tab or two as well? maybe not haha) living in the deep woods by yourself for extended periods of time will really make you think about your life in ways you never thought about before. You wont come outta there the same person that went in. Just make sure you are ready for that commitment. if you bring a tent box the shit out of it. I would reconsider the whole no firearms thing. It is a good idea to have something in case of bears plus the fact that if you start getting desperate on food its better to have a nice rifle than a bow. Reliability. Plan for other things such as injuries as well. If you break ur leg 20 miles in w/ no way of communication your fucked. Plan for everything. Use google earth and do some preliminary searching. scope your area out personally before moving supplies there. bring plenty of seeds. try camping on weekends and then maybe take a 2 week camping break just to get used to it.

8. #48 guyverman, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
    i still think a simple plywood treehouse would b a good thing, keep all ur stuff and u safe from nearly everything and its pretty much outta sight. o and a quick-yank if ur being chased by a bear.

9. Pretty much just watch Land of The Lost the series, they have a pretty sweet set-up going

10. Alot of you guys share the same dreams as i do. Sometime in the future i plan on doing a massive grow living in the middle of the woods. Im pretty anti-social as well so it wouldnt be a problem for me, I love nature. It would be just me, maybe a friend, and my dog...

11. It is sad when peace and happiness have to become dreams eh :).

12. yeah a dog would be a must have. man's best friend. (next to MJ of course)

well thats the corporate world we live in for you. As a society we've managed to fuck ourselves in the ass but i think its slowly coming around. in 10 years i think we'll look back on this time and wonder what the fuck we were thinking.

dude you should just build a log cabin in the woods. not any of this tent/treehouse but a full out log cabin. sure probably not realistic but still, would be cool.

13. One day in Cali, local cable will have a reality show we can compete on. heh.

14. is stead of a plane you could get an old helicopter for much more cheap

15. I don't even really think that doing a big grow(I assume it's big if you're gonna sit and watch it all summer) is worth it, cuz it has a way bigger chance of being seen form the air. If law enforcement comes, you'll hear them before they see you(especially if you've got a dog), and should be able to flee, but losing all that pot after all that time and effort would be a bummer. but, the bummerness would probably be canceled out by your adrenaline after fleeing the grow.:D

Brings me to another point....
    maybe if you do a big grow and don't camp there you should make it look like you have been so that the enforcement will think that you heard them coming and they won't bother doing a stake out.

what I'd do is something in between. probably spend some time (like 2/3 of the grow season) camped out with your plants. and spend the rest of the time at home or crashing at a buddies. that way you wouldn't be having to make a trek every three days, and the feds also won't stake you out, and you won't go crazy all by yourself. although, it would be really cool to just say that you did spend a summer away from civilization with your girls.

man, it does sound kinda cool, after writing all this out.:)

16. of course you can always set up a nice water drip along ur plants and with the right nutrients you won't have to pay that much attention to them. if u get a good setup then you wont have to live w/ them. only visit em a few times. (to pick out males etc.)