Extreme Guerilla?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by evilnester666, Feb 22, 2009.

1. I've thought about this a lot. I do a lot of backpacking, probably around 200 miles a year or so. The main issue your going to be fighting is weight. 50 lbs is a HEAVY pack if your planning on doing 10+ miles a day, especially if there is any elevation involved.

My thoughts would be to find a place 20 or so miles in to the bush, and plan on making several trips in. The first trip, take the stuff you need to make camp, and maybe the seeds to start the germ.If your in good shape, you could make it back out in a day with an empty pack, and two days back in with a full pack. Maybe have someone drop you off with a truckload of supplies. Cache the supplies, and bring them in one trip at a time. go with the most condensed form of ferts you can get, and dilute them when you get there.

Any way you cut it, if your packing in supplies, it's going to be a LOT of hard work just getting the logistics in place, but I think it's doable.

2. Lol i too would need to be clean. And how would u go about making a bunker? That would be awesome.

3. I cannot find this doc you refered to at all.. HELP!

4. Best thread i've seen so far! Cool movie AND PLANES? HOLYCOW!

5. heres an idea for movement of supplies, have a friend with u run some rope from ur car to the site, have him rig it to a pulley screwed into a tree, u do the same on ur end and jus hook all ur gear to the rope and "laundry-line" it to ur buddy as he unloads on his end u load on urs. no walking and no heavy carrying.(this is assuming u can find a straight line to the site, otherwise u will need more pulleys for corners)

6. The best I have figured out is... My buddy will come with on the first weekend for to be my mule, he will help me carry heavy shit to our first location. Once he goes home, I begin leap frogging to the final destination.

As far as the bunker, it would need to provide me shelter from the rain, as well as not get flooded. I am also thinking of taking and burying some large rubbermaide containers in the ground for waterproof storage.

How would one go upon finding a secure area that was 20+ miles off a road? I have found a map that shows people per square mile, and spots where its less then 1x1. Maps that show property lines maybe?

7. live.com type in address go to maps, and then "bird's eye view" maybe? you can see the photos they take with planes.

8. Bunkers and burying Rubbermaid's are going to be a LOT of work. You are already going to have a lot of holes to dig for the plants. I would use a tent, and string camo tarps under the tree canopy for living/drying space. Remember, even though camo tarps are green, they're still highly reflective and can easily be spotted from the air. If their under the tree canopy it should be ok though.

As for land, I would pick BLM or forest service land. Use google earth to narrow down a few spots, than take a backpacking trip to scout it out.

What state are you in? Around here there is a lot of forest areas.

9. Well if you had one of those planes you could fly out there lol. I want one hella bad now dude.....:smoking:

If you had wood supplys you could build a fort sort of thing, if not a tree house, and paint it totally camo and blended. And you have all season to deal with shit, that would be awesome. A tree house would be perfect. Make it all nice, and secure with insulation and shit. Could use it for years.

10. hmmm...20 miles away from the road?

frank chuch river of no return wilderness, or selway bitterroot wilderness? those are pretty far away form any roads. OH, but WAIT! people raft down the middle of them and set up camps ALL THE TIME! lets see..what else? wind river mountains in wyoming? well, the smack center of the mountains might be 20 miles from a road. but good luck finding pot that'll grow at 11,000 feet elevation. Lots of people(mostly mexicans who made traps and have guns and shit) do larger grows in the pacific NW are quite likely less than 10 miles from a MINOR road. It's just land that is used for logging and no one really cares about or goes to recreate. places that are 20 miles away from roads are usually protected areas that have lots of foot traffic full of people who want to experience the beauty of the place. areas with a 20 mile diameter from a road are alot harder to find than you think, and if you find them, conditions are likely not to be ideal.

I don't have my idaho map with me but I can thik of a few places where it might be possible to do a grow 20 miles away from any road in that state.

People are not going to go around exploring hillsides that have been clear cut(except hunters in the fall. that's why I want something that finishes in sept) Outdoor recreationalists are going to stick to the river corridors to fish or kayak, or whatever, or the trails that go through some old growth forest.

the main people that'll probably find your crop in Oregon's coastal mountains are elk hunters, or off roaders/dirt bikers.

I look at maps all the time. I'd be interested to know someone's spot that's 20 miles away from any minor(or do you mean major road? that would be doable) road in all directions.

11. living whith my plants in the bush with my plants has always been a dream of mine.
    unfortunetly in the continental US true wilderness is no longer existant

trying to find a spot in washington idaho or oregon can be quite difficult

i wasnt able to find and areas with suitable terrain more than 2 miles from any road.:confused:

but i decided on using old abandonded logging areas.

where not really anyone goes

12. Well reading through this is interesting, but what about a food source, obviously you'll need a fairly close water source if you're doing a large grow and just for yourself, but are you an avid hunter or would you rather pack up 6 months worth of MRE's from a local military supply store and eat some nasty shit everyday for the whole time you're out there. Personally there would be no way I could do that by myself, it'd be way too much time by yourself unless you just absolutely love yourself that much that you can spend every waking hour traveling through your thoughts in your head and not pick-up some sort of cabin fever/abandonment issue.

13. ^^

food wouldnt be so hard.

a lot of brown rice
    a lot of canned vegetales fruits etc.
    vitamin pills
    a water source
    a heat source
    some knowledge of the local enviroment

i would be using a snare and a survival shotgun if doing this

14. Canned food is VERY heavy - you will be carrying a lot of excess water. Dried veg is a much better bet, to enjoy with your fresh meat. Dried peas, beans, pulses cook up nicely.

15. You guys are awesome.

Northern MI is where this would be happening, possibly in the chunk that most people forget about ;p.

I definately would have to have a place to "cache" the supplies like Jack said. And an ox of a friend to help me get everything to the first point. From then he would leave, and I would be alone with my supplies.

Food, rice for sure. I would also be constantly fishing in one of the many lakes all over this place, or ponds. There are untapped places I think that would be easier. As well as trapping, I have a few traps at my disposal, but I have never trapped before.

I also would stay away from any firearms. I have a nice compound bow, plenty of arrows...

It is a long time out in the woods. I have never been so happy with my life, as I am right now. My brain runs 24/7, the only time it gets a break is when I am high. So I don't think I would become too lonely to finish the plan.

This is also an insane amount of work, but I have done nothing but sell my back to various companies so far, at least I could be making the profit this time. I can envision myself working tirelessly anyways, just get one of those sticks with a piece of bud dangling down on fishing line in front of my nose.

16. #37 SubnoizeKid, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
    Hellz, that video was a bug, lmao:smoke:
    Whats this thread about again? hahaha:smoke:
    edit: o shit, i didnt know there was 3 pages, i thought the first was the only one. lol

17. #38 JackHandy420, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2009
    I agree with Cantharis, you don't want to be carrying canned food up there. Definitely go with dehydrated (freeze dried if you have a lot of money, buy a dehydrator if you don't. Frozen veggies do well in a dehydrator). Read up and practice snaring. Definitely practice first. It's not as easy as it looks. Also, Since you've got lakes around, bring a trot line. It can fish for you while your doing other things (and get a lot more fish). You might also consider bringing a firearm although you don't plan on hunting with one. I do as lot of backpacking, and I don't go in to the woods with out a bear gun (especially in spring, stay away from the cubs) . I wouldn't actively hunt around the patch, but if you have problems with deer eating your plants, well, you could take care of two problems at once (save the plants and provide food). You also might have to worry about the off chance (very slim) that you will meet up with some rippers.

One other note: I wouldn't set your camp up right next to the crop. Pick a elevated vantage point inside the tree line. That way if you get visitors, you can see them before they see you. I would also cache supplies somewhere around a mile away on the off chance you get raided. It would allow you to get out of there with just what is on your back, and safely make it back to civilization.

18. #39 Smokeitdown, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
    This is a really good point. I was thinking the same thing. I was also thinking you should get some type of map of the area and mark it off with exact locations for fishing/ trapping etc, and routes you will be walking. It is extremely easy to get lost out in the woods, especially 20 miles out, unless you really know what you're doing. Just make sure nobody sees that lol

19. if u find a good spot for ur crop but no good spot for camp and vantage them build a camo tree house at a safe distance, keep u safe from bears and ripper's plus it make a great snipe roost for killing food and shootin rippers in legs to scare away :smoking: