EXTREME case of fan leaf curling/cupping. Need for collective knowledge!!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Barnettfarms, Aug 29, 2016.

1. I have been searching for an answer to my one unexplainable symptom in my grow. Nowhere have i found any comparable example of photo evidence or descriptive summary from any other vaguely similar situation so im breaking ground and making sure my situation is out for the worlds growers to have as an example if this ever happens to anyone else. Seems like its just me so far... Here is a brief summary of my grows history.

-Plants are in 5 gallon buckets
    -Watered with river water
    -Growing medium consists of 2 cubic yards (2 tractor buckets full) of all natural DIRT from the pasture outside my home mixed with 1 cubic yard of horse manure/straw compost from a 3 or 4 years ripened compost pile
    -Located in colorados western slope Rocky Mountains
    -All plants started off outdoors in full, unshaded sun exposure
    -Windy mountain valley conditions have put the root systems and leaf and branch structural integrity to the test day after day
    -Underwatered shortly during seedling stage but corrected and no further issues from thirst
    -Magnesium deficiency was present but treated very successfully with epsom salt mixture
    -I am a beginner, newb, first timer, just a pup, but... Im good at teaching myself and I have a passion driven by a good green thumb and i understand how plant life works, grows, flourishes, and dies.
    -Setup indoor grow closet to battle Colorado's rapidly approaching colder temps and to get a perpetual grow started when my now flowering plants are done
    -600w sun power lighting dimmable hps light 12/12 flowering photoperiod in indoor closet with clean intake air fan running on the same time schedule as the light
    -Thus far, excluding new indoor electricity cost, ive spent $0.00 on my grow with 10 plants standing strong
    -I have not used any nutrient additives or feed solution whatsoever
    -Personal opinion: Im nothing but proud and happy with myself and my results so far cuz my plants are incredibly healthy and some of the better ive seen from other beginner growers and experienced growers alike but i want to perfect my knowledge still

Ok, so I have recently moved 3 of my plants from outside to my indoor grow closet to induce flowering. When all plants were outside in the same area receiving all of the same conditions, a few plants started displaying curling or cupping of the top most fan leaves. One of the plants has these curling or cupping symptoms on the top most fan leaves on all of the budding branches. Of all articles I have read and all experience knowledge that has come from other growers, I have not come across another case of curling or cupping that seems to be anywhere close to the severity my situation is. Otherwise my plants are strong and healthy as can be. I want to be sure these symptoms arent going to change the overall greatness of my plants life. Im a novelist too it seems so ill upload pics that show the scene im attempting to describe. Any advice and knowledge is wanted and appreciated. 1472450354309-73077308.jpg

2. The leaves arent actually damaged and they are firmly attached still. From my reading and studying I have come across some literature about possible salt toxicity. My magnesium deficiency I mentioned in my first post was cured with the Epsom salt who but perhaps I should have used a lower dose mixture or I should have used the mixture one less watering. I dont feel its light burn related at all. And intake fan blows between the light and the canopy tips but is blowing about 10 inches above the canopy tops. Perhaps too far above? Im not familiar with as much air circulation literature as id like to be. Any thoughts?

4. Yeah , the leaves ARE damaged .

Is you light too close ? Doh

5. Cant be. Its 24 inches away. The leaves are slowly uncurling and are getting more and more normal now. Ive been flushing with straight water and its responding well.