Extracurriculars Grow Cab

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Extracurricular, Sep 3, 2008.

1. #1 Extracurricular, Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2008
    So Far...

• 4x9 sheet of 1/2" MDF ($18)
    • Wood Screws ($4)
    • 70w HPS Light ($50)
    • Ballast Container ($6)
    I'm not done yet but I've gotten the basic shape of the box ready...
    [​IMG]

Need to get hinges and weather stripping and a lock on that door though. Then install the shelving and paint the needed area. Wire the light and put it all together and install the fans and ducting. I need to figure out a reflector and way to cool this 70w HPS though. I would Like a seperate fan but if I can get one to do it all that would work. Maybe even find a cooltube?

*Edit*

The Dimensions and Specifications-

Outside Dimensions
    • 45 1/2" H x 24 1/4" W x 16 5/16" D (16 13/16" D w/Door)

Inside Dimensions
    • 44 1/2" H x 23 1/8" W x 15 13/16" D

2. Got the 70w HPS rigged up.
    [​IMG]

Will be looking into the height of my shelves and If possible a cloning chamber up in here. And cooltube and ducting as well. Lots of work ahead of me.

3. i like it. I plan to rebuild my box after my first grow or two, and make it similar to that and do a sog in it. keep up the good work. I'll be watching.

4. Sounds good, richirich_99! I'll be doing a screen setup. Because I think I'll be able to yield more when its all even. I'm thinking that I'll be needing CFL's though.

5. So I got the cabinet done and the clones have gone in. I'll take pictures next time I'm at the grow location and tell a kind of fucked up story about the first location I was going to grow at. Oh, and I met a DEA agent (I banged his daughter) how awesome?

6. Glad to hear the cab is all done, and clones are in. I just bought a cab from lowes and put it together today...gotta start doing the rest when i get back from out of town. I'd love toi hard your story. Right on about banging a DEA agent's daughter!!!

7. You'll probably want more cfl's to help supplement your hps, since 70 watts isnt that much. How many plants you plan on growing scrog?

8. id laugh my ass off if he like came to me tomorrow or something and was like.. so i read your post. hahaha.

anyways, just 2 in a DWC bubble bucket system though. i got everything ready to go, just need to grab some netpots. but yeah 70 isnt too much and I may or may not add the CFLs. I have 3 and can get more 2700k 42w CFLs. they wouldnt be in a cooltube though so id have to have fans on them. im planning on building a new cab fairly soon after this grow is done. maybe after idk, when i get my own place probably. because this one was really speedily put together and it could have been better. like measuring the wood better and everything. and itll be sturdier. its sturdy but 1/2" MDF board is NOT enough for all the screws and shit to go in well. like i had to find 1/2" screws with wide heads Online to put hte hinges on lol.. what shit. but the outside is flat black and the inside is solid white. the hinges = nothing but redyellowgreen.

9. I would just add like two of those 42 watt cfl's to help lighting they dont put out too much heat, and as long as you got good ventilation to begin with, you should be fine. I recently built a cab, and i just went and bought a new one that fits my needs much better. i made the same mistake and kinda half assed my first box.

10. oh wtf dude i typed so much more than that but my computer messed up. ill edit by thursday.

11. okay finally an update. that story, basically there was a weed deal going down and the lady of the first grow location called the office of the place and told them that they saw me receive money and give someone a bag of white powder. it was messed up. but anyways, lots of pics.

this is what i was smokin on to Help finish this project.
    [​IMG]

the buckets for the plants
    [​IMG]

misc airstones and such
    [​IMG]

HPS 70w rigged
    [​IMG]

buckets and airpumps rigged (since added another 60gal air pump)
    [​IMG]

cloner rigged up as well.
    [​IMG]

70w HPS cooltube
    [​IMG]

shelves in the box done
    [​IMG]

inside painted, put everything in it, dont know why
    [​IMG]

outside painted. 3 coats KILLZ and 3 coats Black paint. inside got 2 more coats of KILLZ.
    [​IMG]

this moves some air for a PC fan, and is silent.
    [​IMG]

the locks & hinges
    [​IMG]

-------------------------------------

now for some girls.
    [​IMG]

up close
    [​IMG]

some preflowers
    [​IMG]

again, and that one looks like a ball? but they're all taken from a female plant so i doubt it.
    [​IMG]

standing pretty tall, luckily i got these clones.
    [​IMG]

taken two days ago, probably rooted by now.
    [​IMG]

some bubble action, have a 60gal pump hooked up to it, atm.
    [​IMG]

78 day, 72 night, 50% humidity. not bad.
    [​IMG]

added some temporary CFLs from an old stealth cab. took em out already though.
    [​IMG]

more branches and pistils
    [​IMG]

thats all for now, hope you guys like it. pretty soon they will be in the bigger buckets and ScrOG style. til then, take it easy and this was my grow cab.!

12. they rooted! pics tonight. :)