Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Extracting THC from vapor

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Nimise, Feb 28, 2011.

1. So I have been thinking about something for a while now. If you got a lot of cannabis and put it in a vaporizer then ran the vapors threw a large bong like device containing something like acetone would it collect the THC and other cannabinoids? If it did then couldn't you theoretically let all the acetone evaporate and be left with pure THC/cannabinoids?

2. There are glass vaporizers on the market with added liquid filtration that you could, in theory, pull the vapor through, but replacing the water with a solvent isn't going to do much for you compared to if you just use an extraction method to make hash. :wave:

3. wait, what? Were does the acetone come from? Inside the bong?

4. So like have the vapor run through something that would absorb the thc?

No.

5. well... i have a vapor tower (which uses a whip, not a bag) and after so much use, the tube is getting discolored from the thc buildup, turning that brownish color.. so maybe you can go to a regular hardware store to buy a new tube, and cut the old one open down the middle and scrape up all the thc together... would this maybe work? i can see tons of it in there.. even the outside of the whip is getting sticky because of how much thc is in there.

6. im sorry if for some crazy reason you can actually back up your answer but.....

who are you to say that its not possible. sounds plausible to me. i dont know how it could be done but im prettty sure that its not impossible.

7. Yeah I just don't think it would work the vapor isn't coming into contact with the solvent for long enough. And besides the fact, this is vapor were talking about, it's not as stable as the solid THC found in the plant that can be leeched out into a solvent. As stated earlier there are much better ways of concentrating THC.

8. Is there a reason that you're resisting making hash oil, or is this just a thought question?

9. it might work but why not just...you know...extract THC using the methods that do work and would be way more efficient..

10. #10 The Audion, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2011
    Why would you want to collect THC when you already have a perfectly good method to ingest it in the first place (vaping) Its such a round-about method. You have the vapor, inhale the vapor, be high.

11. once thc is heated youve got as much extracted as possible.

and filtering smoke? i think that collects something called resin lol.