Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Extracting thc from cannabutter

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Skaterdevil, Dec 7, 2009.

1. so after an experiment of making cannabutter and deciding on not eating because my friend is allergic to butter, we need a way of getting the thc back from the butter, does anyone know how i can do this please i need help it will be greatly appreciated

2. You can't do that... it would be like trying to get a broken egg back from a baked cake... NOT GONNA HAPPEN...

3. I really don't think that you can to be honest.

4. Its for sure a no go. So might as well use it and get high. I find it interesting your friend is allergic to butter, because that would preclude him from eating almost any and every baked good and probably most dairly products (butter is just cream and salt).

Either way, bake it up.

5. alright well continue to let me know if anyone finds a way please!

6. extract with bleach, pour into glass, add some ice cubes...drink and enjoy

7. Careful dude. Some people don't pick up on sarcasm well. What if he actually did this?

8. just say to your friend,

'' OH WELL YOUR ALLERIC, THERE IS NO WAY TO EXTRACT IT!!

Damn it!!! Oh well , i'll have to eat it all for myself, damn it!!! *sigh* awww. awellllllll...''

trust me. im such a good friend.

9. Im actually currently doing this. My butter went bad so I'm reextracting it through doing a tincture process. It'll kill the mold and separate most of the butter. I'm doing several filterings though just to clean it as best as i can. Unfortunitly I can't count on all the butter to go because I'm sure stuff from the butter is slipping through the screen. But it will put it back into dab form i guess you can say. Check out how to do tinctures on google. :) I know this is an old post but sail on guys. :)

10. I'm glad you posted. Can you tell me how your cannabutter to tincture process worked out? I turned 67 decarbed grams of smokeable frosty trim into 1 pound of butter that can't get me high. Now, my wife ate a quarter of the same brownie and said she felt like she was falling through the floor. My father had to crawl to his bed. I've tried eating the butter straight. It doesn't do anything. So, if I can get that THC back into smokeable form, I'd be HELLA HAPPY!

Edit: The weird thing is, last time I ate an edible, 10 years ago, I got high for 12 hours.

11. Lol you can't get the THC out once you've made it into butter... It's physically impossible lmao & also OP is 9 years old.

12. #12 MauMauKiKi, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2018
    Well, I guess it'd be a chemistry issue. But I'm sure it's certainly possible. Probably would require too much effort for what I'm trying to do though. Ah well, was worth a shot.THIS SENTENCE HAS BEEN EDITED OUT DUE TO TALK OF OTHER DRUGS. *RMJL The THC is there, just gotta figure out how to isolate it. Could it be as simple as boiling the butter in ever-clear and letting the two separate, then evaporate the alcohol tincture for a dab like substance? I know THC is much more soluble in alcohol than it is lipids.

13. I don't think it'd work unless you was some mad scientist lol why can't you just buy some more weed? That'd be easier wouldn't it lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. You'll figure it out one day. It's not about the high. It's about the quest for the high. Buying it is easy. Doing "Mad Scientist" is not...and I always did prefer the path less traveled.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. What?? You've lost me...

Why wouldn't you just buy more it's alot easier then trying to get THC out of butter to smoke....

Why don't you just try packing a bowl with butter & hitting it if you're into doing mad scientist shit lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. Seriously do not give your friend any resulting concoction of whatever you try if they are allergic, it's not worth doing that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Because I don't want to smoke fat. I want to smoke THC. I'm pretty sure the process involves an acid/ether wash.
    You don't understand what I said because...I don't mean this in a "young people don't know anything" way, but back in the day, half the fun was going out and trying to hunt down someone who had it. It was risky, exciting. We didn't have dispensary's like there are now. Only 20% of the population supported legalization. So the high after you scored, was like the cherry on top.

Edit: Obtaining weed USED to involve an adrenaline rush. Mix that with the THC and it was awesome. Jump out of a plane while high, that's what it was like.

18. #18 BrewsnWeed666, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018

You're odd just pick up the phone ring your dealer & buy some more... You should go see a doctor & get checked for dementia or something if you honestly believe that you can get the THC out of butter that's already been made.

& I doubt scoring weed can be compared to jumping out of a plane... Why would it even give you an adrenaline rush unless you was buying huge ammounts that could put you in prison if caught lmao

I've been smoking for 10+ years & I've never got a buzz from buying weed & it's not legal here at all, you have problems if scoring some weed gives you a boner lol

19. The biggest adrenaline rush I got from scoring weed was when I was taking in the 5lb package off of my porch after the FedEx man dropped it off. It took me 20 minutes before I had the stones to open the front door. Thought the Fed's were hiding somewhere in the bushes. Lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. I never said that. I said it was an adrenaline rush. Like the guy above me. Also, I do believe it's possible to extract THC from cannabutter, I'm just not going to go that far. I found this on a DIY chemistry site:

"Try boiling the Cannabutter with aqueous NaOH. (This should hydrolyze the butter and form Soap and Glycerin) Add petroleum ether, shake heavily and let the mixture sit for a few hours / a few days until layers start forming. Discard the clear aqueous layer (containing glycerin and NaOH). Add a strong Acid (sulfuric acid for example) and if needed more petroleum ether. Shake thoroughly and let sit for a few hours/ a few days. Separate the ether layer, discard the acid, and evaporate the petrol ether. This should leave you with (more or less) pure thc."

So, unless you are a chemist , why are you even in this thread? BTW, I have weed I can smoke. I get curious about stuff and get bored in my free time. Just because you don't have the same interests as someone, doesn't mean they are odd for asking a question. Lighten up dude. Maybe you should smoke more?

• Like Like x 1