extra veg worth the wait

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by boy91, Sep 22, 2011.

1. from my research some people wait till nodes alternate and switch to a 12 hr light scheduled. While others veg past that and use a rule of veg to 1/3 your desired height. In m u closet i got two freebie seeds growing one is Reserva Privada Kandy Kush and the other is Kannabia Seeds Afrodite both fem seeds and in 5 gal bubble buckets. I could grow them to a height of 52in but is it worth it to veg them to a height of 1.5ft if it added a lot of time to the veg stage, would the yield be dramatically different.

2. You should veg until you have an even canopy and it fills at least most of the light spread from whatever light you are using to flower.

3. the lights are 4 4ft t5ho. Its a vertical grow. the plants are growing parallel to the lights and receive lights from top to bottom.

4. If it's like my Kandy Kush she is going to be tall. At 30 days mine is easily outgrowing the Chocolope and White Widow.

Attached Files:

5. nice. i dont know which of my two is which i think i messed up labeling cuz the one labeled afrodite is a short bushy plant and the kush is a taller plant that stretches more between nodes. i taught indicas like the kush were bushy and sativas grew tall but after looking at your pic maybe i have them labeled right.

6. Don't know if this will help at all... Here they are around day 18. The Kandy Kush looks bushier. My Kandy Kush really started to grow tall around day 22 or so.

Attached Files: