Extension of earlier message

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CGNecrodice, Jan 26, 2006.

1. The seeds I plan to grow are AK-48 seeds which can be seen here...
    http://shop.grasscity.com/shop/gras...es/sf=indoor/se=1/op=eq/ml=8.html?id=g25ozo5n
    I plan on growing these in my crawlspace in the corner in a box. the crawlspace is about 3 1/2 feet tall and i dont want to grow in a big area. I am just trying to grow two plants and I don't need them to get that tall at all. I was wondering if a 250 watt light would be too strong or what I would need for that because i will be growing these inside a cardboard box. Also will these plants make my crawlspace smell.

2. 2 plants, 250 watts should be alright. 400 watt would be perfect, but 250 will work fine (HPS im assuming)

And yes during flowering your crawlspace will smell like you just opened up a huge bag of dank x 4

3. HIGH All, you still live with your rents?? Don't grow in a cardboard box nothing will come of it. Plus the fire hazzard!!!

4. Yes indeed, i missed that part, certainly don't use a HPS in a cardboard box..

I think any grow shouldn't be decieving to anyone in the house, if they do not know about it or condone it then it really shouldn't be happening..move out and get your own house and have the risk 100% on yourself.

5. Just a really stupid question for you.

How tall do you want these plants???

Let me explain why i am asking this seemingly stupid question.

1. The crawl space is 3 1/2 feet. (42 inches high)
    2. You want a small short plant so i take it you will have to keep it in a small 6 inch pot, which typical 6 inch pot is 6 1/2 inches in height.
    3. 250watt hps light with reflector is about 7 inches in height (not even hung yet)
    4. Plant height starts at the top of the soil so i will take 6 inches as its stems base.
    5. 250watt you will have to keep at least 12 inches away from the top of the plant at all times. (12 inches not to burn the leafs)

42 inches Minus 6 for pot/dirt minus 7 inches of light hood minus 12 inches leaf clearance from the light.

Not countng the hanging of the light hood you are left with 17 inches total until the end of the grow (including flowering)

Take in the factor that you will have at least a 4 inch chain to hang your light hood leaves about 13 inches or just over a foot or about 1 ruler length for the total height the plant will ever have to go.

Me thinks you need to rethink the crawl space idea, or find some very low growing weed.

and No mounting the light to the side does not help unless you want a sideways plant.

6. ^^^
    what dier said x2.