Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Exploding lighters!!!!!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Rastafurry, Jun 30, 2010.

1. I just had one of the biggest scares of my life dude.

So im enjoying a bowl of some fine mid grade to finish off my day, and its like the fourth bowl of the hour and i was getting lazy about the bowl packs, so there were larger pieces of bud in the bowl.

I get halfway through the bowl, and i pushed the corner of my lighter into the bowl to push the weed down a bit, and a still lit bud gets stuck to the lighter! I tried scraping it back off, but it wouldnt shake off. Like literally .2 seconds later, the lighter makes a pop sound, and theres a huge cloud of white butane mist in front of me. The lighter in my hand feels like -800 degrees so i throw it really hard in startlement.

Its kinda funny now that i think about it :hello:

Thats the last time i buy one of those cheap translucent lighters with the adjustable flame.

Anyone else have any crazy lighter experiences?

2. Dang dude I wouldve shit my pants if that happened to me!

3. Never had any lighters blow up or malfunction in my hand, but this one time I was fucking around with my friends when we were like 17 and decided to light a few matches and spray an Axe can over the flame to make a flamethrower type thing.

We held the flamethrower for like 20 seconds and then I decided to stop it, and the flame went back to the lip of the can. If the flame had gone any further than the lip, the can would have exploded in my hand and probably would have blown my hand off!

4. I had a friend do the same thing, but with a fart instead of a axe can.

Apparently its a common thing for people to burn the inside of their anuses by doing that.

5. :laughing: Cool story. The only lighters I've had explode were ones I incorporated into explosive devices.

6. that does suck. i never had it happen, but thats why i don't push the weed down with the corner of my lighter. I worry about things like that happening.

7. yeah thats why i dont fuck with the crackhead lighters. if you take the cap thing off you can keep twisting it and make like a footlong flame

8. I try not to do it, but when i see a huge layer of ash i wonder if theres any bud still left under it, so i gotta check somehow!

9. Beeline > Butane

10. just push it down with your finger its not that hot

11. Paperclip, Shoelace , finger lmao

12. Don't worry, that's just a myth. There's not enough oxygen to blow the whole can up if the flame "gets inside."

13. thats why i never buy those crack lighters

14. lol anus burns.

15. one time when i was 15 me and some friends decided to meet some chicks and we went to chill at this school playground. this was at like 1 in the morning and we were all blazed. i was playing with this chicks lighter then i was like ok ima make this into a crack lighter. and shes like alright whatever. so i lit it and it freaked the fuckin shit out of her and her friend cause they never saw a foot long flame haha. so shes like lemme see that. i threw it to her and i tryed to throw it threw these poles that were like a fence so kids dont fall off the playground thing. but it didnt work at all and the lighter bounces off like 3 different things, hits a ladder thing and blew up. everyone just sat there like :eek: haha. turns out she needed the lighter the next day to smoke lol

16. I love doing this. There is some way to keep the flame stuck on and when it burns out it will explode. Or you can throw them on the ground and they'll blow up :D

17. haha man thats funny.

this one time we were blazed at taco bell and i was messing with the flame on my
    lighter, making it go higher and higher. eventually it got to the point where the flame was almost a foot tall and it was making a blowtorch noise when lit. so i turned it a few more times to make it even bigger and the bitch starts spewing butane all over my burritos. everyone at out table is either freaking out or laughing uncontrollably while i panic and toss the lighter across the place. we got kicked out :eek:

18. Man you can burn your face off with those crack torches if you happen to forget you did it.

19. Those cheapo lighters are fun to play around with. If you take the little flint/sparked think out, hold one end of the spring and light the flint on the other end until it is red hot, then throw it on the pavement and watch the fireworks. And then, tape down the butane button, light it with another lighter, and prop it upside down outside. It'll either blow up or rocket into the sky. Very cool.

20. i had a refillable lighter and was chilling around the campfire i had just refilled it that morning anyways i light a joint puff on it and then pass it i hear a hissing so i jump up and look around for snakes (never got over some sht in Arizona with rattlers) anyways when i turn the bottom of my lighter bursts into flames then starts jetting out so i throw that bitch hard it lands about 30-40 feet away then maybe 10-15 seconds later is just explodes and im like "fucking hell i coulda fucked my shit up, oh well pass me that fucking joint man" *long drag* "wooo thats better!"
    lmao funny sht man
    Promote Peace,
    StonerWulf