Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Explain to me... The Difference Between... Gravity bongs / Regular Bongs

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by poker2, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Why do people say they get supper blasted of gravity/waterfall bongs compared to regular bongs?

Can someone explain the reasoning behind that?
    Or is it stupidity?:eek:

:smoke:

2. Gravity/Waterfall bongs simply conserve bud way better. If you're running out, use a g-bong and get toasted.

3. My hypothesis is that when you use a grav/waterfall bong, you don't use your own lungs to draw the smoke, so you end up filling it with a lot more smoke than you can take in one hit. Could be wrong, but I've never seen anyone puke after a particularly strong regular bong hit. Yet.

4. Gravity bongs use pressure created by decreasing the amount of volume in the chamber.

Normal bongs do not alter the amount of volume in the chamber, so all of the pressure comes from the operator.

With gravity bongs you do not waste any breath milking the bong. You can take much bigger hits. Of course, gravity bongs are usually much harsher than bongs because they do not actually use water filtration, they just use the water to help create pressure.

I'm going to eventually make a gravity bong that has an ash-catcher and will be made of glass. It will be a classy piece for sure.

5. Yeah stale smoke will do that to ya.

6. Yeah and gravs can be made from just a water bottle and a nut and just a little story the other day I was all alone and hadn't smoked in like 2 weeks so i filled up a grav and at first i didn't feel anything but i knew i was gonna get BAKED i could just feel it coming and then 5 minutes later i was laughing my ass off at some toilet paper commercial. Then an hour later i was curled up next to my toilet waiting to throw up, but still having a great time. suprisingly i didn't throw up but i did fall asleep.

7. A gravity bong isn't filtered through water, and the pull is with gravity and not your lungs. Because of this, you get a REALLY compacted hit, because of the very slow very even pull. You also get a hit that is possibly bigger than one you could normally take, because you aren't wasting breath trying to fill it. You are also getting a completely unfiltered hit, which means some of the CBN isn't going to get filtered out through the water. The type of high is different.

Basically, a gravity bong absolutely cannot waste smoke, filters absolutely nothing out, and can make absolutely massive hits.

8. So is this what you do?...

1.Cut bottom of said bottle?
    2.Put a pipe(bowl) through the lid of the bottle?
    3.Fill bowl? Put lighter over bowl?
    4. When there's smoke you take off the lid...
    5. Then put your mouth on the bottle? (do you take the bottle out of the water when hitting? or do you leave it in?)
    6. Do you inhale or does that just happen?

:smoking:

9. Look up an instructional video or something. There's a lot of 'em.