Explain this one Science.

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Creepy Stalker, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Recently, I bought freezer pops - little plastic tubes filled with liquid;

which are meant to be frozen, then eaten like a popsicle.

Well, I put my box of freezer pops in my freezer (an old freezer box full of ice)

and low and behold, only SOME of the freezer pops actually froze.

There was no descrimination based on the color of the fluid,

some of the freezer pops were fully frozen, others not at all,

and they are all side by side next to eachother.

Is this one of the random nuances of our particular dimensions laws of physics?

2. I noticed this phenomena too one time, but was too afraid to question it....

your messing with the natural balance!

3. did you tap the ones that weren't frozen?

It could be that there was just more of some chemical in the unfrozen ones that changed it's freezing point compared to the others. and that's just one of many reasons why that happened.

4. I'd need to know all about your freezer, how the freezer pops were stored, and a few other variables before I could comment on what happened or what should happen. :)

5. [quote name='"Creepy Stalker"']Recently, I bought freezer pops - little plastic tubes filled with liquid;

which are meant to be frozen, then eaten like a popsicle.

Well, I put my box of freezer pops in my freezer (an old freezer box full of ice)

and low and behold, only SOME of the freezer pops actually froze.

There was no descrimination based on the color of the fluid,

some of the freezer pops were fully frozen, others not at all,

and they are all side by side next to eachother.

Is this one of the random nuances of our particular dimensions laws of physics?[/quote]

Lol at tjread title fail sy middld school.science

6. lol that picture is the win. :hello:

7. So, you're checking your freezer before you put the bodies in. Good idea.:)
    Nothing like a half frozen tourist from Powells to really stink the place up.

8. This. Ice pops are usually made cheaply. So im sure its a possibility that some of the icepops have more water/ flavouring, thus resulting in slightly different freezing temperatures.

9. Things can't supercool or anything. Ever see a liquid go upa glass? Fucking voodoo shit right there

10. #11 Alryk, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2012
    Where the individual freezer pops in the middle liquid and the ones on the outer side frozen?

11. I have a food/science question.

Last night I baked a potato, 5 mins in the microwave and 20 mins in the oven, when I took that fucker out and poked it, it deflated like a balloon.

Where the fuck did the mass of my potato go? I was really hungry and only had one spud. :(

12. Just checking in to say that picture was amazing man id rep ya but I'm too lazy lol.

13. Your potatoe lost a lot of water to evaporation. But the shell kept it's form.

When you touched it you pierced the shell and collapsed the cavity that was left from water lost.

Just my guess

14. Interesting....so how did the water get out through the skin?

It's black magic I tells ya. :smoke:

Here's my theory, potato atoms are combining with other potato atoms, fusion styley, and are creating isotope potato atoms which at the same time release energy given by e=mc2.

Thermonuclearspuds.

:hippie:

15. [quote name='"freedom4ever"']I have a food/science question.

Last night I baked a potato, 5 mins in the microwave and 20 mins in the oven, when I took that fucker out and poked it, it deflated like a balloon.

Where the fuck did the mass of my potato go? I was really hungry and only had one spud. :([/quote]

I think it's because when you put it in the microwave, some water evaporated and then could escape by osmosis through the potato skin. And if you put it in an oven it sped up the process. Mass of a potato is mostly water and starch.

Wrap it in aluminium foil then put it in an oven. This should give you a nice and juicy jacket potato.:)

16. :hello:

I shall test your theory sir. :smoke:

17. ITT Simple phenomena in the kitchen is explained by high school level science.

18. Oh, high school level science huh?

That sounds complicated.

19. You don't learn freezing point depression or the other colligative properties in high school science? Or high school sounds complicated?