Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Explain how to toke properly in the best way you can?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BlazinHigh03, Nov 29, 2011.

1. I think I personally know how to smoke..I just exhale until my lungs are empty, take the blunt to my mouth, take a puff (usually long hits), then inhale hard, trying to fill my lungs up. Then I just hold for 5 seconds, and exhale.

Problem is, I've seen people inhale, making some type of whistling sound or something? And when I inhale, nothing like that happens. And, most of my friends inhale only a tiny bit after puffing, they don't fill up their lungs, unlike me.

So, if you can, describe the correct way to puff on a blunt/joint please..:)

2. Your friends don't know how to smoke... the entire point of smoking is to take a large hit to get you high. You dont suck the smoke in and just hold it in your mouth, or only inhale a little bit.. You're doing it the right way, but don't "ghost it" (hold it in until the smoke is gone), just for about 5 seconds and exhale. Light the bowl, inhale the smoke into your LUNGS, hold it and exhale. Pretty easy.

I've never heard about any whistling noise they must have a fucked up lung or something.

3. whistling noise is probably due to them not having a secure seal around the blunt, their lips are laying on the blunt, allowing air to come in from outside of it

4. Your fine bro, maybe show your friends how you do it to see if it helps them. And the whistle is probably just them keeping their lips really close together, that happens when I smoke sometimes.

5. I take a medium hit then do the little tap against my mouth hits until my lungs are full then inhale a little air at the end to help keep from coughing...same with bowls but I tap the choke instead of tapping it to my lips..I hold it probably 3 secs

6. They have been smoking a lot longer than me though, so I assumed they knew a thing or two..

Well their hits are about the same as mine, but I just inhale a lot deeper..I don't know if I'm right to do so though, I'm just trying to make sure I got all the smoke down lol

Well the main reason I made this thread, is because I see them do it differently, and always get high, when I sometimes get high, and other times I don't:confused:

By the way, what I meant by the "whistling noise" is, it sounds like they inhale without opening their mouth much, just enough for air to be able to go through their lips, when I'm opening my mouth more, and I was thinking that maybe that was wrong..

7. There is no one way to smoke everyone has here ownpreference

8. No, the noise is when they inhale, after they've taken the blunt away from their lips..

Oh..does it make any difference?:confused:

What's tapping against your mouth? lol

9. I'd rather do what works best though, instead of what I prefer lol ;)

10. I only do the whistle noise if it's a tiny roach and dont want to touch it to my lips and get burned

11. Light the bowl, once it is cherried (become red) SUCK, HARD, and inhale it into your lungs. Keep sucking until your lungs are filled with smoke and you cant inhale anymore, hold it, and exhale.

12. sounds like they dont have a solid seal on the blunt and they are inhaling way harder then they need to like they should slow down their hits.

13. [quote name='"BlazinHigh03"']

I'd rather do what works best though, instead of what I prefer lol ;)[/quote]

Not everyone has lungs of steel .. But if you really are wondering . I usually Inhale a bit of air after a toke makes it more smooth

14. Oh yeah, I know about that whistle noise lol

They make a whistling noise as they inhale too though, like after taking the blunt away from their lips.

What about blunts or joints? lol (no access to bongs right now)

15. Oh I thought the puffing was right, the inhaling (after puffing) is what confused me..

I thought the inhale after a toke was to get the smoke to your lungs:confused:

16. [quote name='"BlazinHigh03"']I think I personally know how to smoke.

Problem is, I've seen people inhale, making some type of whistling sound or something? [/quote]

There is no right and wrong way to smoke, only good and max methods. People make that whistling noise when blunts get low because it mixes the air with the smoke making it cooler onthe throat (gives smoke time to cool down)

[quote name='"burtontoker"']Your friends don't know how to smoke... the entire point of smoking is to take a large hit to get high.

I've never heard about any whistling noise they must have a fucked up lung or something.[/quote]

His friends know how to smoke. Stop being so close minded...the entire point of smoking is not to take the largest hit possible? It's to enjoy yourself while getting high, wether it be fat or small. Come on now....

17. You inhale. Dont complicate it

18. 1. Put lit joint to mouth
    2. Suck as if you were drinking though a straw
    3. With smoke in your mouth, without letting it out, take a deep breath through mouth
    4. Hold for 3-5 seconds
    5. Exhale
    6. Be high

19. Yeah I know about the whistling noise when puffing, but I've heard them make a whistling noise when inhaling, AFTER taking the blunt away from their lips though..I don't know if this makes any sense lol

I'd think my friends know how to smoke too, since they've been smoking way longer than I have;)

20. I'm still a newb, I'm just trying to make sure...

Sounds like what I've been doing haha :)