EXPLAIN How Marijuana has Helped You

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Stride420, Nov 17, 2011.

1. ...I have a chronic pain condition and for me weed IS a necessity. Without it, I couldn't make it through the day. It's WHY I can work and have quality of life. So do you despise me? Medicine is a necessity for people with health problems.

2. #22 SmokinBowlers, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
    So tell me... If you live with your parents and they find out that you're smoking pot and freak out and it causes them stress and it causes your family stress, is it really helping you out? Do the ends justify the means? If you are driving and you get pulled over and arrested for DUI, even though you had only smoked pot, is it helping you? If you get arrested for possession of marijuana, if you can't enjoy yourself without it, is it really helping you?

Examination of consciousness is the single most important spiritual exercise. Take off the blinders. Some of you guys on here can smoke responsibly and it may improve the quality of your life tremendously but there are some of you here who just smoke because you like to get high and you are incapable of doing anything if marijuana is not involved.

That isn't what I was saying at all. Don't take me out of context. There are medicinal uses for marijuana, just as there are medicinal uses for cocaine and heroin, although the government doesn't officially recognize any legitimate uses for marijuana.

3. As much as I hate to say it, I was kind of a bitch before I started smoking. I was in junior high and my best friend was just a straight up bitch (not to me, we had a great friendship before her psycho side began to show). I wasn't ever mean to people, my friend and I just had a tendency to laugh or talk about them behind their backs :hide:

Looking back I feel so bad, because I'm like the complete opposite now. Ever since I started smoking with my other friend (who is not psycho and remains my best friend to this day), I became so much more accepting of people and started appreciating the more important things in life. Cannabis brings people together :smoke:

4. [quote name='"SmokinBowlers"']So tell me... If you live with your parents and they find out that you're smoking pot and freak out and it causes them stress and it causes your family stress, is it really helping you out? Do the ends justify the means? If you are driving and you get pulled over and arrested for DUI, even though you had only smoked pot, is it helping you? If you get arrested for possession of marijuana, if you can't enjoy yourself without it, is it really helping you?

Examination of consciousness is the single most important spiritual exercise. Take off the blinders. Some of you guys on here can smoke responsibly and it may improve the quality of your life tremendously but there are some of you here who just smoke because you like to get high and you are incapable of doing anything if marijuana is not involved.
    [/quote]

I suppose you are talking to me since I created this thread. Yes I still live at home. Parents know I smoke long as I don't get in trouble and keep my grades up they don't mind. So no issue of getting caught with parents. I have my mmj card. So no issue with possession charges. I don't drive high. So no DUI charges. And is it such a bad thing that marijuana allows me to be able to enjoy life(especially when not high).

Plus since starting to smoke my grades have gone up. I currently have a 4.4 GPA. So whats the problem?

5. Stride - I'm not talking to anybody directly. Just saying that everybody's experience with weed is different. If somebody says that it effects their life negative you can't say that "its not weed". Weed is neither positive or negative. It is all in the hands of the beholder.

6. I don't live with my parents, and if I did they are intelligent enough not to freak out about some weed.

Right there, when you talk about how it's affecting your family when your living with them, is when I just tune out your opinions. If you're living at home, and your parents still control your life, then you're not living an ADULT life, and you're not living in the real world in the first place.

7. [quote name='"SmokinBowlers"']Stride - I'm not talking to anybody directly. Just saying that everybody's experience with weed is different. If somebody says that it effects their life negative you can't say that "its not weed". Weed is neither positive or negative. It is all in the hands of the beholder.[/quote]

You just contradicted yourself and proved everyone who's says its not the weed(including me) correct. You said its "all in the hands of the beholder." At the end of the day its in the users hand. I agree it affects everyone differently but if your not one of the people who can handle it then its still your fault you shouldn't be smoking it in the first place. And for the people who say smoking opened the gate for them for other drugs.... Well you would only try other drugs if at first you just wanted the biggest and baddest high and you just so happened to start at weed because it is the easiest to obtain out of most illegal drugs. Now if there's someone who likes weed for what it is the safest therapeutic substance known to man then you would love every aspect of the herb and not move onto more dangerous drugs/substance.

8. #28 SmokinBowlers, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
    I didn't contradict myself. I'll use the example of handguns. Some people use hand guns to shoot targets, for home defense, from defense from a stalker, etc. Other people use them to rob people and kill people. Doesn't make the gun bad, but doesn't mean that everybody should buy a gun and see if they can use it responsibly or not. The only difference is the disease(although its not really a disease) of addiction.

And do I smoke weed? No. I have been sober for a year. So, I went down the wrong path. I started using harder drugs and lived a pretty rough lifestyle for a little bit. Yes, that would mean that I was using pot and other things "irresponsibly". But I quit, isn't that the responsible thing to do? Our level of responsibility is dynamic, it is not static. It changes constantly when our environments change. Somebody who may be responsibly smoking pot may NOT be a year from now.

Edit: I don't think that pot is bad. In my previous posts all I did was state that weed effects everybody differently and for some people it is a bad thing. In fact for many people it is a bad thing, but it is also a good thing for many others.

I said that weed got me into other drugs. That meant that my choice to smoke pot led to subsequent choices to do other things. If I hadn't made that first choice to drink, which led to my choice to smoke pot, I wouldn't have made the choice to shoot heroin and crack.

9. It really opens my mind. Finds things/people more acceptable. Its made me a less judgmental person and appreciate nature and the world. Can't stand those ignorant pricks

10. damn this simple little thread turned into something else real fast ... and @smokinbowlers if you dont smoke weed why are you on this website? (not trying to be rude or any thing )

11. I'm on this website because I registered in October 2007 when I did smoke weed and I enjoy reading the posts in the Chill Out Zone

12. Weed has helped me get high as fuck on many occasions.

13. If I didn't smoke weed I would be angry as fuck on a daily basis. Now I just light one and say to myself "Fuck that shit."

14. the essays ive written when im high have all gotten A's. When i dont get high before writing an essay, i get around a B... The High essays people have said are pretty damn good.

15. OCD - gone.
    Depression - gone.
    My workouts are better when im high.
    Ive learnt a lot more about myself than i could have had i taken therapy.

16. [quote name='"kingsmo"']OCD - gone.
    Depression - gone.
    My workouts are better when im high.
    Ive learnt a lot more about myself than i could have had i taken therapy.[/quote]

Dude omg. I've learned so much about myself that now when I go to therapy(dads wishes; says it will help me cuz it helped him a lot) I feel like its a big waste of time cuz I'm so aware of myself and where all my problems stem from. All thanks to marijuana.

17. its helped me deal with my depression and anxiety disorder. both of those issues have virtually disappeared from my life.

18. Nausea/Vomiting- Gone
    Anxiety- Gone
    Pain- Gone
    Lack of appetite- Gone
    Desire to kill- Almost Gone hehe

19. I started smoking weed at 13, just because i was curious. I soon after noticed how it made me a less anxious and i love it. At 16 I had bad cysts on my ovaries and had major surgery and weed helped with the pain. I got addicted to pain killers hardcore after that and at 18 I entered myself into rehab. They tell you that once you're an addict you can't touch anything because you will always go back to the worst thing possible your choice of hard drugs. FALSE. I got into a car accident when i was 19 (passenger) and was ejected out of the car and fractured 2 places in the lumber of my spine and a huge laceration in my dome piece ha. I did the pills for a little but that shit sucked and i wasn't using them properly so i fully switch to the love of my life mary jane:) I now have been almost 3 years clean and i have a natural medicine to calm and help the pain, almost like forgetting about it. It's been the saving grace in my life and my cure all! Never have been more humble in my life and weed makes me always appreciate. I'm high and this been a good day haha

20. [quote name='"kboozen21"']I started smoking weed at 13, just because i was curious. I soon after noticed how it made me a less anxious and i love it. At 16 I had bad cysts on my ovaries and had major surgery and weed helped with the pain. I got addicted to pain killers hardcore after that and at 18 I entered myself into rehab. They tell you that once you're an addict you can't touch anything because you will always go back to the worst thing possible your choice of hard drugs. FALSE. I got into a car accident when i was 19 (passenger) and was ejected out of the car and fractured 2 places in the lumber of my spine and a huge laceration in my dome piece ha. I did the pills for a little but that shit sucked and i wasn't using them properly so i fully switch to the love of my life mary jane:) I now have been almost 3 years clean and i have a natural medicine to calm and help the pain, almost like forgetting about it. It's been the saving grace in my life and my cure all! Never have been more humble in my life and weed makes me always appreciate. I'm high and this been a good day haha[/quote]

Good read man painkiller addiction is awful