Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Expert Tactics for Not Getting Caught

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SuperToke96, Apr 9, 2010.

1. #1 SuperToke96, Apr 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2010
    Disclaimer: I'm gonna ramble for a bit here so if you want to get to the point then just read below the line.

Since I like the way that marijuana enhances certain activities, I often find myself smoking in public or "on-the-go" (i.e. not in my own private/safe space). The problem with getting high for public activities is that it's not legal for me and I'm always doing it out in public, so I always have to search for a place that's under minimal surveillance (as my friends call it, a "chill spot"). I don't have easy access to edibles, vaporizers, liquids, or any alternative forms like that; smoking is usually my only option.

Whenever I do smoke in public, I always come fully prepared with my kit: axe, tic tacs and visine... so as to eliminate all signs that I might be high. Some of my stoner friends have called me "paranoid" for keeping my guard up so much about getting caught (either by the police, authorities on campus grounds, etc.), but they've all been arrested or ticketed at some point and I've still never been caught. I ignore their words because I think it's totally rational to take precautions like these. It's a perfect example of the expression, "better safe than sorry". My point is that us frequent (illegal) marijuana smokers have to be quick, discreet and swift in order to not get caught in public. It doesn't matter how careful we are to cover our tracks... the more we smoke over time, the greater our chances are of getting caught. That's why I think it's crucial to be on top of it whenever you choose to toke in public.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made this thread to specifically discuss how to not get caught when smoking in public places. I've been smoking for about 5 years now and still have never been caught or pulled over once, and I think it's definitely because I'm so cautious about it. Here are a couple of my tactics:

1) If you are worried about the smoke cloud being seen or setting off a smoke detector, then pack small one-hitters and hold them in as long as possible. If done well enough then little to no smoke will come out when you exhale.
    2) When parking in a busy parking lot: park in between two cars somewhere distant, roll all windows up, hotbox. If there are a lot of people that can still see you then turn your A/C on, lean down when you take a hit, and blow the smoke towards the ground so that it dissipates when it rises up to the A/C.

I have a couple of cool stories but I'm tired of writing now. So do you guys have any specific tactics that you use for not getting caught? Or maybe some stories about getting caught or not getting caught (and why)? Please discuss/share any of your personal tactics or stories! :smoke:

2. In public its usually a joint held like a cigerette

3. i got a cigarette one hitter that i use in my car because from a diffference u cant tell the difference

4. Be able to think quick and solid.
    You need to be prepared for the unprepared.
    But don't be too prepared. Then you'll have a convo like me.

Mamaw: Hey baby
    Me: Oh not much.

Don't do that. ^

5. When traveling in the car with it, keep your stash hidden in a secret compartment, if possible. The longer you think about where you're going to hide your bud, the harder it is for the police to find it, even if they can smell it. I just pop off a part of my dash and hide it behind there, but I luckily haven't been pulled over while holding.

6. hate to say it, but i just dont smoke in public. thats the best tactic i can think of.

7. if you have a cat in your car, they can not do a k-9 search. well in wisconsin at least...

i have brought my friends cat with me a couple times on runs.. lol

8. The disclaimer was longer than the actual "expert tactics" list itself.

9. this is truly brilliant
    gona have to use this one

10. haha lol, I think we need some more suggestions to help this thread out.

A good idea to not getting caught is don't smoke inside if you don't own the place.

11. lol I watched the mummy last night and that kinda reminded me of the actually mummy who is afraid of cats hahah

12. Lol KUSH IS MY COLOGNE!!!

i never worry about hiding the smell or the eyes or anything. only the actual act of smoking is illegal; its not illegal to walk around smelling like weed. it just could get you searched. this is why you keep your weed in your "sock" (iow around balls).

the best way to not get caught is to not smoke in places other people are likely to just come by. and if people do come by, you don't want a bunch of soccer moms driving by, you'd rather have a bunch of kids that are going to be like "HAHA smokers" and keep going. soccer moms might stop :p

I myself try to smoke before I leave home. Mucho safer. Smoking right now and can't nobody see me :D

13. I got some good ones.

I have an sunglasses case that has my grinder, a brush for my grinder/kief, eyedrops, a poker, a few peppermints [i get them free at the cafeteria], and a lighter in it. I put this sunglasses case in a small black plastic bag [the extremely opaque kind] along with a tightvac jar with my stash, and a can of Axe: Essence. This bag is then folded on itself, and put into the trunk of whatever car im traveling in. When I get to my smoking destination [usually a friend's house] I just take the bag out.

When im in public tho, I keep it bare minimum. I bring my case, and ONLY what I want to smoke. Its not worth lugging extra herb around if there is a chance you can get caught [which there ALWAYS is if your in public]

14. ...Your tactics involve tic tacs? tehe :laughing:

15. that tickles me haha

16. I just don't smoke anywhere but my safe place, and if I wanna go out I'll take a walk or drive to the mall.

its not worth getting caught
    at all

17. Are you trippin? The disclaimer was one sentence long, buddy. It was to prevent any of you tl;dr readers from wasting your time with my personal details.

I agree that it's not worth the risk to get caught smoking in public. But I find myself taking the risk quite often, so I've just been trying to learn how to be as safe and discreet as I possibly can. I've learned that a car is probably the biggest help.

18. depends on the cat... my cats fucking HATE the car.

19. 1. never bring more than you're willing to throw away in an instant, and have it smoke-ready, no assembly required.

2. treat all passer-bys as if they were a cop.

3. if you can't be completely out of sight, don't smoke out of anything not rolled, unless it's one of those cigarette pipes. (joints and blunts are always seen as cigarettes/cigars, but everyone knows what pipes/one hitters are used for)

4. do not smoke them down to the point of using two fingers (index/thumb), only hold it like you would for the legal stuff.

5. most importantly, DO NOT BELIEVE, EVEN FOR AN INSTANT, THAT WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS ILLEGAL OR WRONG. (may sound crazy, but this is a psychological notion-only those who want to get caught, get caught) regardless if this "really" works, it is still the best mindset because...
    smoking pot is not a crime.

20. that's not entirely true. I was like that at first, but after smoking long enough I've realized that most people really don't care. I live in a pretty uptight area too, and no one says anything if I'm smoking in public.

It also helps your high if you're not stressing out about every little noise or person you see. If it gets sketchy, by all means get the hell out of there, but most likely nothing will happen.