expert help needed

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by newgrow, Nov 9, 2004.

1. all right this is my theory will an experienced grower please help all right you water plants and the chemical makeup of water is H2O plants roots need oxygen to help grow the chemical makeup of hydrogen peroxide is H2O2 it is water with an extra oxygen atom so would putting hydrogen peroxide in the soil prevent over watering because when you over water a plant the roots cant suck up any oxygen and when this happens the plant like shuts down any answers

2. HIGH All, welcome to The City newgrow. it most definatly helps...this is not to say to keep your plants water logged, you still have to water them like you normally would.

Here's some good reading...it's from one of the links in my sig.

3. like unoit said a litttle h2o2 can help get some extra oxygen to the roots. to much tho will burn them even tho it is only water and oxygen, so the amount u can put in the water is very limited. h2o2 is also quite unstable and soon loses its 2nd oxygen atom. even if u watered constanty the plant cudnt get enough oxygen from the water alone and wud become waterlogged.

perlite in a light soil works much better.

4. Make sure you have good drainage.
    I have been trying something lately that appears to help in the O2 area.

I have a black 5 gal covered plastic pail that I have a bubble stone and pump running air through it.
    I use this to water soil plants.
    When I water I water alot....
    I have good drainage so the excess runs out.
    I have the bottom of my soil potted plants raised 1/2 " above the floor so air can get in through the bottom at all times.

I am considering using forced air up through the bottom of the soil plants.
    This will cause me to have to water more often.

Also - I have noticed an I am sure others have as well.
    soil plants tend to have their roots spread out and build up on the bottom and sides of your growing pot.
    That is where I make sure to water and have the best drainage and loose soil enriched with perlite.