Experimental Grow for Fun

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Fofomon, Feb 3, 2017.

1. This will be my 5th official indoor Grow. I'm documenting this for the fun of it. I'm a few days away from Harvest of my 4th Grow and that round gave me so many ideas that I said what the hell. I'll try to update often but who knows.
    I'm going to mix a few technics and ideas.
    Doing Hydro Bubble buckets I've designed with fitted netting for a scrog approach to maximize on space. I intend to use height and area dimensions where possible for a multilevel experience. In my 4th Grow kinda did this and will be taking it to a more extreme.
    Also I've been growing using 2 x 1000 and 1800 full spectrum LEDs that have been awesome for my level of growing.
    Ohhh it's gets better. I intend to recycle my water... yes. I'm reusing it where possible. Because of this I will need to keep a close eye on ppms I imagine.
    For plants I had some girls I almost lost to mites. Yes I won that war and it was way easy once I got the right products. More on that later... these almost died and came back so let's see what they got! Unfortunately I don't know the strains because the tags were lost. Oh well I've named them Alpha, Beta, Delta and Omega. I'll only use 3 of the 4 due to space. Haven't decided if I want to use Delta or Omega....
    My Grow space is a custom built self contained somewhat sound proof box on wheels that I'll talk more about later. It's more of an unfinished project that keeps getting upgraded because so many ideas won't let me sleep. So much fun building it. For now my staging is in a 2x4 tent until I can harvest and clean out the real area.
    What else, I use Canna products and slip in some advanced nutrients here and there. I love foliage feeding where possible.
    Anyway. Here are a few pre pics of my setup.
    Enjoy. Love to hear comments but keep it positive yeah?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. that shit looks dope :bongin:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Found a couple additional pics. Here is the box they will live in. These are older pics. Updates coming.

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Awesome setup! I am very jealous. Lol. How were your yields with it?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Decided to break down and Start harvesting today. I'm kinda in a hurry to start #5. Lol So far so good. I'm not versed on how to tell yield with led... the 1800 was added in the middle of the grow. I've taken down one girl and working on the 2nd. I could have cleaned the bottoms better to have less waisted energy on the bottoms buds. However i also defoliate a bit so by bottoms are very usable.
    As I'm trimming the leaves I'm finding some pretty nice dense colas. Not gigantic like some others I've seen l but def the largest I've had since starting. I had 3 going at once. These pics are of the medium size girl who I described above .
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. They look fantastic. Setup is very cool also. How are the extra buckets used? Like do you use both pots together or just stack them to make it taller?

Sorry if that's worded weird lol kinda stoned haha.

7. No worries. The double buckets help two fold. They are there for height because I don't like moving lights. Lol and when it's cleaning time or I need to change water the girls go in the empty buckets while I work.

8. Ah, okay I figured it was for the lights moving them really is annoying. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Well slight oversight on my part. lol I forgot that my Grow box is also my drying area..... soooo I'm gonna have to wait a little longer. . Maybe I'll build something to dry in spare of the moment.... my table saw is callin me.
    Here are pics from the 4th Grow.... seems that's all the thread been about. Lol.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well I'm back. Round 4 was dry enough to move to bags and take off the stems so I cleaned out the space and finally ready to start. Tonight I placed the girls and noted a few minor changes I'll need to make in the next few days. The middle girls net is too tall but it's because of the extra risers I left on. I expect her to be a little shorter generally. She seems spread more that grow tall. I need to do a heavy crop to clean them up and then I plan on a good week, maybe two of veg before flip. These prolly don't need that but I want them to shake off any shock from the movement and trimmings. Plus I'd like to take some cuttings just for more fun so I want them strong. Here are some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Quick update. Did some clean up and training. They are filling the screens nicely. I might give it one week then make the switch. The stretch will likely help fill out the rest. Also adjusted the height and lights. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. So I switched over to 12/12 over the weekend. Will be watching the space and heights. The two on the sides will likely move up but I also expect stretch. Historically my stretch is about a 12-18 inches in a net which will get me just to the lights. I can raise the lights if necessary as a precaution but I want to see how crowded i can get things.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Adding another experiment to the list. See pic Trying this baby out! Really excited to see if the claims are true!

Grow update. They are doing awesome and growing as expected. I'll hold off on another pic update until next week. I did increase the flower nutes and plan to continue for the next change. The water reuse has been working well. I'm filtering any remaining water through some dense paper towels and strainer which removes debris and I would guess some remaining salt/nutrients. I'll plan to take a ppm reading before and after next time. I can see the start of the stretch but nothing dramatic which is why I'm holding on to pics.
    Ps I'm not sure anyone is even keeping up with this. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. [​IMG]
    Totally forgot to Add the pic.

15. Today I'm either behind or a head... I did my first complete water change instead of filtering what I had left like I've been doing since the start. This was a full nutes day so I wanted to Start fresh. I kept the left over water though, filtered and will use it as refill water when levels start to drop. The girls are getting bushy as I'd expect and filled out nicely. I've spread out the stretch as much as I could in the nets so now she gonna go up. Still limiting the space but decided to give the bottom girl more room since she's stretching the most. Maybe from the type and distance from the lights. Those LEDs are great for making tightly compacted nodes. CFL not so much. We will see how much they really stretch in the next few weeks. As a back up I can move my lights up but I really want to use that option as a last resort.

If your wondering how I filter the water, cause I can't remember if I talked about it already... it's pretty simple. I use two big fine mesh strainers and thick paper towels. Viva works great. The first strainer has two layers if the paper towels while the other strainer sits inside on top to hold them in place. The set is placed in a bucket and I poor left over water through. Debris gets collected and some nutrients salts collect making an dirty film on the towel. I can do all three buckets but toward the ends it takes longer for the water to pass through. Once done I marry the waters together, measure ppm and ph and decide what I need to add next. I've noticed a drop in PPM which allows me to add more nutrients more safely.
    Here are some new pics
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. Last night I noticed some leave yellowing. Looks like it could have been a magnesium def or maybe even calcium. I don't have any cal mag on hand so I used some epsom salt in both the water and for a foliage spray. This evening they look a lot better. It could also be a little bit of light burn but my temps aren't bad at all. Just for shitZ I moved the lights up a bit. The two large girls are where I see the yellow while the middle sister seems to be lush green and stretchy! I decided to rotate the big girls, their canopy is pretty nice for my standards. I'm impressed with the number of tops each has. I don't expect massive colas but I do expect decent sizes across the top. Here are some pics. I'm slowly thinning the under belly just about but I don't wanna remove too much. Just enough to make sure air. I might add personal fans underneath to help.
    I noticed they drank a good amount last night after adding the epsom salt. I'll need to be careful on the water levels. Which reminds me. I'll be out of town for a whole week for work. Gonna have to think of how to keep them
    Watered with me not here and uptake so high.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

17. I'm following, great job so far bro!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  18. Holy shit! This is a whole new level of OCD..... I like it! Subbed for sure though not my cup of tea though it intrigues me lol Keep up the great work!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Adjusted lights again. I need to get more nodes on the bottom girl

Experimental Grow for Fun https://...hp?threads/Experimental-Grow-for-Fun.1440512/