Experiment late outdoor grow Started August 1st

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by killerkuhn, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Ok I know it is late in the season to start growing but this is an experiment to see what I get if anything. I have seen this done successfully on other sites and read an article sometime ago stating it is possible so I thought I will give it a try. I germinated and planted last week uf July and they sprouted the first week of August. 12 Total plants all about 4-6 inches tall now. I figure by the first week of September they will have veg for a month and add 6-8 weeks of flower they will be done mid to late October. I live in southeastern Massachusetts and usual the first frost is end of October due to being on the coast frost tends to be later than most of Massachusetts. I looked it up its a fact. I am prepared to bring them inside for last couple weeks of flowering I just can't afford an indoor setup so I will put them in a window to finish. Yes I know its a late start they may not make it and if they do the yield will be small. Again this is an experiment to see if I can and what I can get if anything. Its bag seeds so I don't have a lot invested just a little of my time. Pics and updates to follow.

2. #2 ArnoldShortman, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
    You'll be lucky if you get 3-5 grams per plant imo.

3. Arnold 3-5 grams I ld be more than happy with something is better then nothing. I got a big girl I started much earlier that is my main focus. This is just a side project to see 1st if it is possible 2nd see how big they may get and 3rd if they do bud how much I can get.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nice to see another mass grower on here I'm on the south shore

Sent From My Penis Using Grasscity Mobile App

5. Rips you're they first grower in my area I have meet on here good to know some are out there. I wish I could do this for a living. Anyway pics

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. They go inorder of size large to small. As you can tell a couple had bug problems but are coming back. The pic wit my hand in it is a mutant just looks weird and already starting side branches. I lost some to an animal I went to ckeck on them and something ripped some out of the ground and left em didn't eat or nothing.

7. Ok just transplanted two of em today. I am amazed at how fast they are maturing guess they kinda have to

8. Ok it seems a few of the plants maybe getting pistols now. It is hard to tell as they're small and are also starting to get side branches. I looked with a magnifying glass and it does seem to be fine white hairs. Will know for certain in a week.

9. I started these July 30th....
    1377205690060.jpg

Sent from N860 in space

• Like Like x 1
  10. They look good the one in the blue container looks crazy. Any signs of sex should be showing soon since they veged for a good amount of time already and days are getting shorter

11. Actually from second look it looks like a couple maybe budding hard to tell from pic

12. Thanks! But I live up in northern M.I and we still gettin 13+ hours up here! Kinduva double edged sword...But naw, no signs of sex yet(fingers crossed)But the ones in the coffe containers just all of a sudden started losing thier fan leaves when I transplanted them, but started growing all these healthy pointy leaves up and down it...Idk, stress or strain?

13. 1377207050380.jpg 1377207065990.jpg

Sent from N860 in space

14. I have grown pot through the winter months in south cali indoor windowsill grown. Only got about 2 oz. from the plant, but it worked!

15. Im hoping to get anything out of these lil guys,but like you, my main focus is the other two I got goin,one since April and the other since...June? Beginning of July?

16. Damn didn't think Michigan had days so long this time of year. As far as leaf loss could be stress from transplanting. I know a few of mine got stressed from transplanting a little also added nutes to early. I also noticed that when side branches start growing the leaves they grow from slowly die and fall off. Not certain if natural but kinda makes sense plant starts concentrating on side branches and sacrifices leaves.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yeah,the days are long up here(something to do with the lattitude, I think), but it gets cold as hell and the first fuckin frost gets here real quick!Pisses me off..

18. Yea def cause of latitude it like that in Massachusetts also. Moved mine to where my big one is where it gets a little less direct sun. Frost is a concern for me to it usually doesn't come really early as I live on the coast so there's a warm current that helps. It has come as early as mid September which is my main concern but normally first frost is end of October for my area

• Like Like x 1
  19. Man, I would love it if it didnt frost till end of October.Sadly this is not the case where Im at. Im only about 20-30 min. away from Lake Michigan and we get this damn "lake effect" that cools the coast down and it dont help none that fuckin Canada is always blowin some cold weather this way!

• Like Like x 1