Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Experiences with Undercover Police?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mos_def, May 10, 2010.

1. You guys are both dead wrong. Entrapment would be if the cop FORCED you to break the law. Like, if he has a gun to your head and makes you smoke his crack pipe. Or says if you don't break this law we're going to take you to jail. Something like that is entrapment. Simply asking if you want some pot is NOT entrapment because the cop did NOT force you to break the law. He gave you the opportunity, sure, but you still have the choice to not buy from him.

You should really know what you're talking about before you discuss law like this. A lot of people have the same misconceptions about entrapment. People think that if a cop lies, it's entrapment. Nope, like I said, they have to FORCE you to break the law when you'd otherwise not do so.

2. #22 zpyro, May 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2010
    Mind showing where in the law it says you need 2 forms of ID? I read the law, and it doesn't say that anywhere. You only need to be suspected of being an illegal immigrant. Last name only doesn't meet the requirement to investigate a person's immigration status. If you have a valid driver's license, you're a legal immigrant.

Were you pulled over for a valid reason? Or did they pull you over just to check your immigration status? I'm betting on the former.

"B. FOR ANY LAWFUL CONTACT MADE BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR AGENCY OF THIS STATE OR A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS STATE WHERE REASONABLE SUSPICION EXISTS THAT THE PERSON IS AN ALIEN WHO IS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES, A REASONABLE ATTEMPT SHALL BE MADE, WHEN PRACTICABLE, TO DETERMINE THE IMMIGRATION STATUS OF THE PERSON. THE PERSON'S IMMIGRATION STATUS SHALL BE VERIFIED WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PURSUANT TO 8 UNITED STATES CODE SECTION 1373(c)."

"E. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER LAW, A PEACE OFFICER MAY LAWFULLY STOP ANY PERSON WHO IS OPERATING A MOTOR VEHICLE IF THE OFFICER HAS REASONABLE SUSPICION TO BELIEVE THE PERSON IS IN VIOLATION OF ANY CIVIL TRAFFIC LAW AND THIS SECTION."

If you have a valid DL, it's no longer reasonable to suspect you of being an illegal immigrant.

3. and you didn't so obviously Arizona is not comparible to Nazi Germany.

4. #24 agntpedro, May 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2010
    I really don't believe that any undercover officer can offer to sell you anything illegal or open any avenues to any illegal activity. There are often outside parties contracted by the police to do this sort of thing, but, as far as I understand, a law enforcement officer cannot do this him or herself. But, I could be wrong.

Okay, I wasn't being serious about the things I said about this law, but I suppose I forgot that digital communication does a very poor job of communication any nuance in tone. I too have read over the entire bill and understand that while the bill does make profiling a distinct possibility (I don't think anyone can argue against that, can you?), it definitely does not condone it. I was just posting on a cannabis forum, so I thought I could get away with some jest at the cost of a new, and controversial, law.

Hasn't cannabis use always been associated with questioning authority, anyway? It IS illegal, afterall...

And yes, I was pulled over for speeding. I omitted that fact for the sake of humor. Forgive me.

We do have a surprisingly low Jewish population... :smoking::smoking::smoking:

5. They also have like 3-4 antennas on the outside. This is how i usually know if theres an unmarked car

6. actually.. it IS entrapment if they offer you a deal. ..because they are getting you into a situation you didn't ask for, its exactly what the phrase suggests....they trap you..in my opinion anyone who tries to tell me its not, is involved w the cops, or is a cop lover, no offense...

7. broward county, FL ..they use dodge caravans too... tricky little fuckers...

8. you guys are thinking unMARKED police
    you will never be able to spot an undercover cop
    undercovers will be your friend
    for years, or months
    and then theyll get ya
    no questions asked
    it happens all thetime down here
    they drive cars like meand you
    they dress like us
    they are undercover.

always watch out for those wires
    or a bluetooth

im sketched out by bluetooths
    damn things

9. This article deals with entrapment in the U.S.: Entrapment - The Two Approaches To Entrapment

As far as undercover cops go, I don't really see any in Van since I never have to drive.

But, in CO we have the usual assortment of crown vics, impalas, and chargers as undercovers. Often white, silver, or black. I've seen purple ones though :rolleyes:. I've spotted a few undercover corvettes too, not sure what agency.

10. This is more what i meant, not undercover cars, undercover COPS. aka people

11. There's a park with this balcony thing in my town and there's a road that goes up right by it so you can see the road and the road can see you. Cops patrol that road a lot, and whenever I see a big-ass white SUV with tinted windows/windshield that's always SO clean i gtfo :hello:

12. their license plates are all numbers, no letters.

13. So if somebody offers you drugs you HAVE to take them? :confused: How exactly is it a trap if you have a way out? "Uh, no, thanks bro." Ta-da! You're not trapped.

I'm not a cop nor am I a cop lover. I just know what entrapment is. If you keep trying to tell me what it is when you're wrong, you're either involved with dumbasses or are a dumbass lover, no offense.

14. bottom like
    if your stupid enough to take drugs from random 'people'
    then your ass needs to goto jail for a couple days

i cant believ people are that stupid
    always
    fucking
    awlasys know who your fucking with
    before you let them know about what yor about

ive seen some fucked up shit happen to people
    that got in those type situiatuons

15. If its at night, there laptops leave a tell tale blue glow coming from up front. You can tell its coming from something brighter than a nav system. Tinted windows, stiff postured drivers, in WA the State Patrol undercovers have WSP as the last 3 digits on the license plate, which is very nice.

16. two of my friends were busted by UCs blazing at a culdisac before school. the cops were just sitting in a van and ran out at my friends when they saw them blazing. pretty lame...

17. gotta be green street. it's our version of the "ghetto" and all the kids think theyre hood if theyve even set foot on it. but all the good weed's there :D

18. I've never had experience with an undercover (I think the police use those people more for hard drugs and infiltrating/busting people involved with drug AND other felonies like weapons or prostitution. But they do get hazard pay to actually do the drugs to keep their cover, so it would be incredibly hard to spot one.

19. ahah yeah canadian policing is nothing compared to american. I love in a decent to small sized city in Ontario and i don't worry about cops at all, theyre just not around and sure as hell arent undercover often

20. In my town theres a street - Maryjane Lane lol