Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Experiences with General Anaesthetic

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Stoned342, Jan 2, 2013.

1. I suppose this is the best place for this topic..

Has anyone ever been under general anaesthetic? Did you stop smoking weed for X amount of time before the procedure? Or did you smoke the morning before (lol) etc...?

I guess i'm just asking - what was your smoking habit before and around the time you went in for general :smoke:

(btw i've stopped smoking, and I have to go for one in a few days time)

2. I wouldn't smoke the day of. However worse comes worse is you wake up during the procedure and they give you some more anesthetic. Just tell your anesthesiologist the last time you smoked.

3. I smoked about 7 hours before my procedure. I was a daily toker around that time. I really don't recommend it, lowers your blood pressure.

4. I've smoked before being put under, like not directly before but like the night before. I don't think it's gonna affect anything, it didn't for me, but then they said I react perfectly to propofol.

5. Yeah I smoked the day before I think, just don't do it on the day and you'll be fine, it's nothing to worry about.

6. I can't stress this strong enough,
    ALWAYS LET YOUR DOC's KNOW YOU USE CANNABIS!

7. shit I went under 3 times and smoked before I left for the surgery everytime to calm my nerves because of my anxiety. So I smoked probably one hour before going under everytime and they didn't know because they didn't ask and it honestly didn't even cross my mind.

You really will want to toke after you completely come down from the anesthetic because it fucks your appetite and digestive system which herb corrects for me. One surgery I couldn't get herb for like 3 or 4 days after and I was so backed up I think I learned what it was like for a women to give birth, it was awful so I suggest definitely taking a stool softener as well just in case.

8. I'd just blaze up before I went and then just tell the dude, "I just smoked weed, by the way."

9. I just had eye surgery last Wednesday and smoking the night before caused no problems. Probably was under for a good 4-5 hours as well and still no issues.

Not sure how I feel about smoking the day of though.

10. Thanks for the replies guys!

I'd of had a 5 day break so hopefully that should be good. I will be telling them about my usage though just in case! Don't wanna wake up obviously haha! lol

11. I probably wouldn't do that just in case they cancelled the op lol

12. I smoked the night before I had my wisdom teeth out. I seemed to be allergic to the anesthesia though, throwing up with bleeding gums is absolutely awful.

13. You'll be good Joe. I had the same question. I didn't smoke the day of, but I did tell the anesthesiologist that I "sometimes" smoke pot. He didn't seem to care or be concerned as he didn't ask me when last/how much or anything like that.