Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Experiences from cutting down smoking?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by just one toke, May 15, 2015.

1. I've been smoking a lot more than I want to in the last few months. Definitely multiple times a day and not many sober days in between. I'm trying to cut back and honestly I don't know what my goal is for how much I wanna smoke, I just know i feel like I'm smoking too much and was wondering who's gotten to this point where smoking has just become too regular and any tips on cutting back. I find it easier to quit completely than it is to cut back because I forget how great a bowl is, but the problem is almost every time after I smoke I have a great time. There's few situations where smoking a bowl before doing something makes me have less fun than I would've had, but its become so regular that I've just become accustomed to it and feel sortve in a weed daze lol. So has anyone gone from smoking multiple times a day to 3-4 times a week or less and any tips, suggestions etc.

2. #2 WastedZeus, May 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
    I spent the last 6 months smoking multiple times a day(4-5 sessions a day and 3-4 puffs each session). I decided it was to much (not a money problem) so I went without for about 3 days, threw away all of my pieces in those 3 days because they were making smoking to easily accessible for me, picked up a pack of papers and a bag 3 days ago and only smoked a j the first day I picked up. Didn't feel like smoking at the end of yesterday or the day before, may roll one up tonight and smoke half of it. Hope this info is helpful for you.

Edit1: Setting strict rules for yourself and abiding by them is the hardest part if you ask me. Mine were tossing my pieces away, not smoking inside and only toking at the end of the day.

3. Remember how much more awesome it was when you smoked your first times.
    So take a break of 5 days or a week or more even and then enjoy that feeling (almost) again.

4. i have gone thru this ...

i had to stop smoking for two years for some leglal issue on probation

try buying less then what you normaly would i.e 20$ worth get 10$ worth and this will help you streach it out. And try to keep active to keep your head out of your own mind it will suck but it will help your high the next time say a month from now your going to be high af
    this is the first time in months i got any weed  ... I'M FUCKED UP :) [​IMG]

5. I try smoking just on weekends nowadays. Occasionally ill cheat and smoke during week sometimes i won't smoke for 2 weeks. Keep it as a luxury rather than a crutch

6. Ya I went to my girlfriends parents and they're super religious so I didn't smoke for a few days which helped a lot and I've only been using my flight box and taking smallish hits and its really help me cut back. It really doesn't feel like a crutch anymore and that's what was bugging me

7. I smoke atleast 4 times a day, always with friends and we pack multiple fat ass bowls each session. I've been doing this every single day for a few months. Smoke as much as you like, as long as there are no consequences to smoking alot smoke on

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stay busy and remember how worthwhile it is. I mean your tolerance will be affected for weeks, months depending on the T-break. The more often you are bored the more often you will want to smoke. After 5 days I never even want to.

9. #9 The Tech Savvy Stoner, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2015
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Yes same here [​IMG][​IMG]