Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Experienced Vapers, Meet the Newbs!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DarkestTies, Oct 6, 2009.

1. #1 DarkestTies, Oct 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2009
    I have a nice case of pneumonia, so I finally made my first (lightbulb) vape, and I have a few questions. I've seen them all asked before, but there are a few that I haven't seen answered.

So, I thought I'd start a thread :p

I was hoping that I could impose upon some of you experienced vaporizer users to keep tabs on this thread and "mentor" some of use newbs.

So, let me start off with my own questions.

How do I tell when my, er, bulb is spent? I'm not turning the bulb black at all, so I don't think I'm burning it. But I still get vapors/smoke long after I THINK I should, after the bud is all brown and dry looking. How do I know that it's not spent for vapors, and now I'm just burning it? There's still no vapor/smoke coming out of my mouth, if that helps.

I've seen that question asked a few times, so is there any way that someone could be kind and put up some before/after pics for us? Of the bud, I mean. Like a side-by-side of pre-vaped and post-vaped ground up pot. That would be awesome.

Let the question and answer session commence! :smoking:

2. the lightbulb for me..i usually never used it twice. just think it's a bad idea to keep reusing that man. the weed will be black when it's done. it will first be green, then light brown, brown, dark brown, then black. you'll be able to taste it. after the burn popcorn taste it's probably goinga be done.

3. I have never made a bulb vape, but use a volcano regularly, so I would assume the duff from both vapes should be fairly similar. I never vape my herb past a medium brown color, but I do save the duff (previously vaped bud) to make either iso hash or edibles.

Hope that helps!

I also am currently recovering from being sick, and have a nasty sore throat. I am finding the vapor to be very harsh on my throat because of the lack of moisture.

Does anyone know a way to add some humidity to the party? I am using a solid valve volcano if that matters.