Experienced UK outdoor growers - MOLD -

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by TheBishop, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Yeah.. basically was just wondering if anyone has any actual first hand experience with growing plants outdoors in the uk that have not suffered any mold at all.

I mean just leaving the plants out in the thick of it, no greenhouses, nothing.

How much rain can they take before they mold?

can it actually be done? Is this just a case of luck or is there more to it than that?

Ive seen alot of really good successful attempts. But i have not yet seen an actual harvest of buds on the table from plants grown outside in the uk with no mold.

- Infact i have not yet seen any pictures of buds/a harvest from a successful uk outdoor.

Id be interested in the strains that have been successful and any tips on how to completely avoid mold without a greenhouse.

Peace

:smoke:

2. Here's a link to a journal from last year. There's more if you use the advanced search. seems alot of Uk growers agree if it can be grown outside in Holland it will do the same in the UK.

It'd be very helpful if there was a thread that provided feedback from actual grows on how certain strains performed in the past. Otherwise we are at the mercy of the info that breeders provide...which can be sketchy at times. Oh wait there is I think somewhere.

3. really nice looking bud on that journal but the guy suffered some bad mold in the middle of his colas.

How do we avoid this without a greenhouse ?

is it possible?

if so what techniques can be used?

do we simply have to wait until mold sets in and then either spray it with something or pull early?

do we simply have to pick the right strain, or is there more to it than that?

anyone else got any pictures of plants grown outdoors in the uk that made it to the end without mold?

i would love to see any attempts of fully harvested plants that made it to the end and how they turned out.

4. good original question TheBishop. I've been asking around and from what I've heard, weather related issues are very common here, mold being the obvious effect. I've heard that the weather is predicted to get colder here in the next few weeks... but on the plus side, humidity has dropped for a bit, so even though theres lots of rain, (where I am) it isn't staying very damp. Throughout August and some of September, humidity was around the 80-90% mark, and now its around 60-70%. I'm guessing that's got to be a good thing

5. sounds good mate ive got a few plants that are about as far down the line as yours and no signs of mold yet.

when they are 5-6 weeks into budding though im thinking theyre gonna be alot more vulnerable

probably just gonna cover them with something transparent and waterproof if it starts to rain constantly.

luckily we have alot of wind and like you say its colder which mold doesnt seem to like as much..

just gonna have to keep a close eye

you got any pics of your plants?

peace

6. Hey Bish! How ya keeping?

My Purple Power dont have mold YET, and im aiming to harvest in the next week.
    Ill post back to tell how they did.

7. I'll put one up in the next few days

8. Hey Bish!
    Went to spot today and the freebie strain (2 left) Royal Hash ( late finisher ).
    One of them has been molding the last few days, so I had to cut it early, real early.
    Only harvested 3+ oz wet.

Real shame cos it smells nice but its pre-mature.
    Could have 3 oz dry Id hope if I could have left it.

Did a very rough trim to try save as much as I could.

DSCF7254.JPG

DSCF7253.JPG

9. Check out the ink in my signature. I am growing in suburbs in London with a brilliantly easy strain and we have had NO mold. About two weeks from harvest

10. ^^

I have a strain going with no mold problems too.