experienced thinkers & cultivating geniuses

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Buddwyer, Feb 12, 2013.

1. I want to start a grow. Though I could easily start a regular indoor or out door , I need it to be discrete. My fiance and i often have family and friends over, and would prefer to keep this more of a personal matter. I'm looking for suggestions, out right plans, what ever.

2. You have to provide more information about your house. A basement is ideal if you have one. It has to be in an area of the house which you can lock off, and where you have access to ventilation. A grow room entails noise from fans too, so it has to be in a somewhat soundproof location.

3. Have you read a guide or hit up google.ca?

Read ALL the guides you can, then go look up growing journals and check out what kind of gear people have and figure out what works for your specific grow.

Come back after you do your research, it will make it easier for others to help and for you to understand what the fuk is going on :)

4. Basements are perfect. I have a similar situation, in that i own my home and like to grow, but also like to have people over and entertain. I build a secret room in my basement and it works like a charm.....people have been within feet of my plants and have no idea. I have pics in my journal (link below) if you want to have a look....i basically framed and drywalled a couple of fake walls and added a sneaky entrance through a closet

5. Research grow tents (they come in all sizes according to your needs), grow box, pc grow box, gorilla grows(not recommended). I suggest a grow tent because you can't see in unless it's open, gives you adequate space for many plants, can be hidden in some part of your residence! I use a grow tent stealthily and love it!

6. Grow tents arent very stealthy. They are loud and a random tent-like thing in a room is not sneaky at all. A proper room is what this guy wants/needs, where the grow can be properly secured, sound-proofed, etc. someone could search my house for hours and not find my room. A tent would get found in minutes.

7. Yea maybe you have your tent set up wrong cause mine is very quiet... I believe you're link of your grow is in a tent.... Obviously you wouldnt leave your tent in the middle of your living room .... You would have it hidden in the proper place like mine and most are

8. Fans are noisy. And tents are conspicuous. They are meant to be quick and easy and portable, not sneaky. This guys wants to hVe people visit and stay with him....people are going to wonder why he has a big black tent in a bedroom with fan noise coming from it. I build a room to put my tent in, when i quickly discovered how not-sneaky my tent was. Now that i have my room which is completely light/sound/odor proof, no need for the tent.

9. And you cant hide a tent.....the only place a 4x4 tent is going to fit is a room. People go into rooms. And then wonder what the big black tent is for. Or why that room is always locked and has fan noise coming from it. If you want to be truly stealthy and be able to live life normally and have people over mid-grow, you have to build a hidden room, simple as that.

10. Alright guys, sorry for not responding sooner. I'm gonna get off of work in a couple hours. I'll re read your posts and try to better explain what I'm dealing with. If you could, check back here in a little while. I'll give you a floor plan, etc. Thanks