Experienced stoners pls help

Discussion in 'General' started by BluESuRfeR, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Hello. Let me give a brief description of what I need help with.

I started smoking weed like 2 years ago and I'm 21 now. I had a great time at first but started getting very paranoid and anxious when I was baked. I actually had a few panic attacks where I thought I was going to die and have a heart attack. Really the worst experiences of my life. This has made me scared to smoke weed and get real baked. I feel nervous getting "too" high. I totally stopped smoking weed for 5 months. I just bought a new pipe today and decided I'm gonna start up again.

HOWEVER, I do not want to have these anxious paranoid thoughts when I smoke again. I just want to chill out and play video games and ride m bike around the city. The thoughts I have when I used to get baked were about dying and about shit like "what is life" and just about huge disasters like earthquakes happening(I live in southern cali) and all that stupid ass fucking shit. Really ruins the high and I find myself when I'm real baked just wanting the high to end which just doesn't make any fucking sense.

So I'm asking for some serious help guys. I want to really enjoy the weed this time around.

-Are there any natural herbs/supplements that I could take before blazing it that would prevent anxiety?

-Tips on coping and just preventing these fucked up thoughts when stoned?

Thanks a lot guys.

2. simple way is to just not smoke a lot..weed makes me paranoid too and think a lot about shit, but thats when im really baked.

just sit down smoke till you feel your good, and then listen to some music and play some games

3. Listen to really relaxing euphoric music for a bit when you start getting anxious.
    for me it's trance, just sort of mellows you out a bit.

4. deep breaths usually help.

gum

cold water

that usually does it for me. maybe you need to build up a tolerance, cuz i know people who get mad paranoid, but yeah once they smoke more, they're good.

5. Listen to relaxing music, don't forget to breath brotha :hello: that's a big one! When I get really anxious at times I catch myself holding my breath, so keep on inhaling exhaling that oxygen ;) also you should try smoking up in a place that you're comfortable in that you feel is a safe house or sorts, smoking in public is always a sketchy time whenever I used to do that

6. hhmm a couple years ago i had a couple panic attacks..
    not just panic attacks actually..

i smoked(and back then id smoke maybe 5-6 times per day everyday)
    and then got really sick...
    first time i was having my wake n bake and suddenly everything was turning around..i was so dizzy i couldnt see clearly.. i couldnt breathe ,had terrible stomach pains,my cardio went crazy cause when i started paining alot i freaked out.

the pains were so strong that i fell on the floor and couldnt get up.im not sure but i think i threw up too..dont remember now..i crawled my self and called my friend to tell her to come help me.and i could barely speak...i really felt id die that morning...i felt totally helpless and in a lot of pain..

a few moments before she arrived with aerolin(a spray to help you breathe) i couldnt stand it and got in the shower ,actually crawled..with my clothes and stayed under warm water for a while...and then i felt better...
    the whole incident was so surreal...it was like watching a movie or something...

next time which was a few months later the pains werent so severe but i freaked out cause i remembered last time..anyways i got in the shower without much thought.. and felt better in a minute or so..then went to sleep..

i dont know what could cause a panic attack like that..
    my thoughts is that first time I was getting a cold and my body reacted bad to weed for some reason..
    next time it was night and i think i had smoked too much that day and had too little sleep the previous days...

anyways..your panic attacks didnt involve pain i think...but still taking a warm shower is really relaxing and im pretty sure will help...dont smoke alot at first so youll check that you react well on it..
    plus since you havent smoked for a while you wont need much weed to get high..

anyways dont worry much ,make some cool flavored tea ,listen to some music and light it up..

and if u feel like suffocating again get in the shower and i guarantee its 99.999% youll feel much better.

i just didnt get one thing...are you getting paranoid like that everytime you smoke or at some point it just happened a couple times?

cause if its everytime like this there are other ways to explain so...for example..i have this friend whose cardio gets low and starts feeling dizzy...and of course she freaks out..we found out what was the prob after a while...at first we had no idea..
    its not something she does wrong its just that smoking makes her blood pressure fall..so when/if she smokes ,itll be top 5 puffs...

do u have any physiological symptoms or just paranoia?

7. just start small on your bowl packs and just see how you feel. I personally know a few individuals that say the same thing, negative thoughts, depression, and philosophical thinking are all triggered when they smoked. I offered them some pointers on how to cope with it, i mean who really wants too see your buddy geek out when hes hitting the beautiful cannablis :)?
    all of the previous post contained really good ideas that will probably help you. One thing YOU should know, that your mind is a powerful thing, most people underestimate their capabilities. You can mentally trick your mind ( haha funny right?) but really. Next time when your smoking and you are feeling that anxiety creeping up, sit back, and tell your self (verbally or mentally ) that everything will be okay. Everything will always be okay. Tell yourself your fine and focus on those words.
    The BIGGEST thing that makes anxiety/paranoia worse it when you keep thinking about it, your mind will start to literally freak out because you keep thinking about it. What im trying to say is that most anxiety problems are created by the person. There is no difference between getting nervous while being high or getting nervous before a big job interview. Collect your thoughts, they are your thoughts remember, and tell your brain to shut the fuck up and calm down :p, everything is going to be okay. Laugh off the negative thoughts. Keep telling your self you are okay until you calm down, what helps even more is if you write down somewhere before smoking that once again, "everything will be okay" when your brain reads something it believes it over verbal communication. Those 4 words will always bring you back to that tranquility state.

Remember control your mind, dont let you mind control you. I hope this helped. If you need anymore pointers or ideas, let us blades help you, we are always here. Good luck!