Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Experienced smoker suddenly having panic attacks from smoking?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by itsNoLimits, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Hey yall, so ive been smoking for almost 6 years now, at the time before this incident I smoked through close to a quarter a week.

One time while home alone, i was smoking a bowl with a tiny bit of tobacco sprinkled on top. (i only had half a cigarette left at the time and was looking to save it for after the session) I took a couple rips, then one BIG rip and set the bong aside..

About 10 minutes later panic ensues. I start to feel chest tightness and a burning sensation in my chest (which i later found out to be GERD) accompanied with heart palpitations, my body tempurature rose and i had a sense of death wash over me. I also had alot of head pressure, dizziness and a general dysphoric feeling all over.

I tried to smoke the half of the cigarette (HORRIBLE IDEA) which only intensified the panic; needless to say the experience was enough to make me literally quit cold turkey, right there and then. The episode lasted an hour roughly until i was able to finally calm myself down. A truly horrifying experience.

I tried smoking again, and not only does it cause more panic attacks, but the high is no longer the same for me as it used to be. The feeling is very reminiscent of my accidental first and LAST experience with spice (DO NOT SMOKE IT) very unpleasant and just not like the real deal anymore.

Im wondering if anyone is/has experienced the same? I can smoke 2-3 hits comfortably, but anything beyond that takes me back to that "place" and it makes my high unenjoyable. Am i doomed to feel like this forever ? Marijuana used to be my stress relief and now it seems like its causing me stress. Any help appreciated, i just wanna get high again like i used to. :(

2. Being anxious about being anxious is a vicious cycle. Were you addicted to tobacco before you smoked it with your pot? Because some of your symptoms sound like how some feel when they smoke their first cig after quitting for a while. Anyway, I suggest you just smoke enough to get a buzz and stop. When that buzz fades try a bit more and slowly ease your way back into it. Leave the nicotine alone.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for the advice CactusEd! What you're saying sound like the best likely course of action. And today marks no ciggies for a full week :) I doubt ill have an issue staying away from the nicotine, the experience scarred me enough to be afraid of a cigarette.

As far as being addicted prior to, er.. Thats a little more difficult to answer but id have to say yes. I tried marijuana before i tried cigarettes, back in the summer into freshman year. (which is backwards for most) i loved it but had no way/ urgent desire to buy more so i stopped for roughly 2 years. I was reintroduced to mary after moving cities and have been toking ever since, but before that came the nasty cigs. On a dumb wim i decided to try one ALONE, with no outside peer pressure necessary. I know, im an idiot. Lol

4. I know this is almost a year later lol, but I just had almost the exact same experience a couple weeks ago, and i've had it almost happen a couple more times since then.

Ive only been smoking since feb of 2017, im 28. But since feb ive been smoking pretty heavily, almost once a day now, and theres been days where ive been high the entire day and all that. But a couple weeks ago I killed my bong in one rip, it was some shit weed with kief on top, and I started pacing, which is what i do when im really high, and then my vision started spiraling like crazy, gravity felt extremely heavy, I was convinced I was having a heart attack, the sense of death, i didnt get hot or feel hot, but my skin got really pallid, my wife said i looked like a corpse, but i was normally warm to the touch. It took almost 2 hrs to pass, idk what it was, and now its happening with less and less weed, last night it almost happened but i knew what to expect when my vision started to spiral i just blinked a lot and forced myself to remain calm, but that was only like 3 or 4 small hits off a joint. I just dont know if I should take a break or what, my friend has had similar experiences and he said that when he took a break it got much much worse and now hes scared to smoke at all.

5. Smoking once a day isn't a heavy smoker man lol, it sounds pike you greened out bro

6. Honestly, man, it sounds a lot like what I went through the first time my anxiety disorder started acting up like a motherfucker on me after I started smoking. Like, exactly like it. It could very well be an isolated incident or something else entirely, but keep in mind you could be developing an anxiety disorder, which no joke is some shit to keep an eye on, if you know what I mean. Best of luck to you in this situation, man.

jah!/*d$*:smoking: