experienced help needed

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by payn4school, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Im lost now that the OG is down. I couldnt find any pics to copare with in the FAQs on this site. My problem isnt even a huge deal but im just curious what is going on here. it is just happening to the fan leaves of my flowering ladies, which are at 5 weeks. The buds are doing great so no biggie. but it started with small brown dots all over some of the fan leaves and now the dots are turning into holes! The buds are doing amazing so im not sure. It sounds like a phosherous deficency but I wanted to get some confirmation. Its a aeroponics with millenium nutes and botanicare biologicals. the res is at about 70 at all times and the temp never goes above 75. ph is always around 5.5 to 6 and i keep my ppm to about 900 to 1000, thats about half strength nutes. The strain is nirvana NL*BB. Is it a phospherous deficency? OH by the way if your wondering what the hell type of training that is, its my first botched attemp at a scrog. Ill nail it next time, figuratively speaking of coursr!

Thanks in advance, let me know what ya think!

http://www.bonnaroo.com/2006/

Attached Files:

2. HIGH All, welcome to The City payn4school.....sorry for taking so long to reply...it looks more like a Mag deficiency...your PH is good...so maybe the ferts your useing doesn't have enough in it...never had the problem but "they" say "1 tablespoon Epsom salts/gallon of water"...this is "Quoted" by Bish at UK

"The Cannabis plants use of Mg increases as it matures and will be at its peak at around the third week of flowering on 12/12. A plentiful supply at this time is critical to facilitate the transformation into full flowering mode. Because indoor plants grown in containers have a restricted root mass, this is the time where you are most likely to see a problem. It needs dealing with at this early stage".

3. mag huh? that still baffles me, They must be sucking down a tone of that crap, cause i use about half a tablespoon of epsom per gallon, plus whats in my nutes. That epsom salts really jacks up the ppm so I try not to use too much of it. Thanks for the reply! Im getting used to this place I suspose.

peace

4. HIGH All, yes it's baffling..the reason I say a Mag def is because of the starting of nercosis...but then your pics don't show the tell tale sign of "curling upwards like they're praying". And your giving them epsom salt...mmmmm....I don't know man hate to say bump it up a bit and then you get other Nutes locked out...well you have only three or so weeks left till you harvest...so I'd say leaf it alone and hope it doesn't worsen.

Edit:

Yes The City is a quiet place where everyone is well respected....hope you stick around so we can see your next attempt at scrogging.

5. thanks again man, yea they never curled though. Let me ask you this: could this possibly be from nute burn early on? The reason I say this is that the leaves started having little spots from way back in veg. Or possible mag deficency early on, yet they the worsening is just part of the after math? I am not as precise with my veg res, so it is very possible, I just wanted to make sure that I wasnt still screwing up something. Thanks again for your advise oh wise city folk.

Bonnaroo!

6. do you thnk you may have an aphid problem? it looks kind of like something is sucking out the chlorophyll.

7. I've got the same problem as this guy. I'm kind of confused though. First off, I'm using a DWC in an 18gal rubbermaid with two plants under a 400W HPS. This was originally a test run and I do NOT have a TDS meter or any way of checking my PPM, so I'm sure I could fix my own problem if I did, which I will be getting soon for my next grow. The two plants seem to be different strains, both bagseed but I planted a lot of seeds from a few different bags and these are the two I ended up with. One is short, dark, and bushy, the other is tall, bright, and skinny. The sativa is the one that is experiencing these problems, and seems to be a good 7-10 days behind in bud production. The indica is showing no signs of problems and looks really healthy, there is some serious bud/hair production on that one. If I was having nutrient problems, would it not affect both plants? These problems have been there since the start, they just seem to be getting worse now. The stems of some of the shoots are also starting to turn dark, more towards a purple'ish hue. The plants are almost four weeks into flowering. I'm not using any epsom salts and I'm using GH simple 123 method. I'm going to add some epsom in my next feeding and see if that helps a little bit.

There's also some white patches growing on the bottom of this ones stalk. Mold ya think?

8. HIGH All, no it's not a pest thing Frosty_Cola....payn4school how are they looking today?

kevo some strains like more (Hotter) Ferts than others...it's why one plant is hurting and the other is not. When useing a tub that has more than one plant in it...one must make sure they are of the same Strain...take your Indica it likes the strength your feeding it but the Sativa is the one that's paying for it. Now you lower your strength to acomadate the Sativa..the Indica will pay for it.
    If you can I'd take one or the other out and into a new home.

9. Thanks for the info. I'm just gonna leave them in there the way they are, the roots are quite entangled and I don't have the ability to change the tub. It's just my first test bagseed grow, I'll have decent genetics soon :)