Experienced growers please help.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BigTbuds, Dec 25, 2016.

1. So I just put my plants into flower and they're not feminized seeds. My big one started showing after five days and I was wondering if it's possible for the calyx to appear without the pistils popping out right away. Please let me know if you can. Thank you.

2. usually the pistils pop out while the calyx is still very small. If it's a male sack they tend to have a line/serration down the side and a little hook/claw at the end.

It would be much easier to tell with a pic.

• Like Like x 1

Attached Files:

4. looks kinda like a claw to me but it's hard to tell. I'd wait on it, it could go either way. You should know in a few days for sure.

* or is the white stuff blurry hairs? now I'm havin second thoughts cuz of the focus.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Looks female, if it was a male you would see what looks like two balls starting to show. Might just have to wait it out. I've always used fem seeds just to weed out the male factor.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Luckily you have a pretty decent window between when you can determine a male, and when it is a pollen threat.
    If you don't notice white hairs soon you can be pretty adamant is a dude, dude.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thank you everyone for your input. I'm also afraid it might be a hermie. Here's a picture of the top.

Attached Files:

8. search amazon for "optic foliar switch" I use this all the time just in case and I havent seen a seed in a year.