Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Experienced edible Cooking advice, Please.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by virginvixin, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Ok, so my mother-in-law is 54 and has smoked pot basically her whole life. But, recently she just suffered from her 2nd heart attack and is recovering well. Due to the severity of this heart attack she has had to completely change up her diet and life habits i.e. (No more smoking, stress management techniques,.... ). So she is deeply missing being stoned. I told her about ediables and she is very interested in trying them.
    I have beginner level experience in edible cooking. But i'm unsure of what to make that will fall with in the diet restrictions. She has a 1500 Mg a day salt restriction and is a diabetic. Suggestions of recipes that will fit these requirements are appreciated. Thanks!!!!

2. well, as far as edibles and cooking go you could add decarbed ganja to any meal and get baked. It truly is that simple. Now I wil go on to say that some meals are far more conducive to edibles then others are. You could also make medicated oil out of the ganja and she could eat it directly on her tongue or you could add that to food or drinks. Let's talk about what you need to do to make edibles work.

You need to decarb ganja to get it to work. That is to say activate it by using heat to get as much THC activated for digestion as possible. There is far more to it but for our purposes it will do just fine. We will use the heat of the oven to activate / decarb our ganja. Before we do that however let's talk about dosing. Once we know how much to give her, then we can figure out how much ganja to decarb in the oven at a time.

A single dose of decarbed ganja that will get an average user baked is right around a quarter of a gram. There are 3.5 grams to an 8th so you get around a dozen doses per 8th. Yes I know it comes to 14 doses but you lose a little off of the top in the processing of decarbed ganja. For a daily smoker as much as a half of a gram might be more of an appropriate dose. But even then, I just make them eat 2 edibles instead of one. Hell, at parties I cut them into brownie bites because you know people will be drunk and stupid then eat too much. Oh ya, about that whole eating to much ganja...DONT FUCKING DO IT! Here's why...

When you eat ganja you don't green out like when you smoke ganja. Someone new to smoking a little to much might get a little green around the gills but even then they pass out and sleep it off. Not so with edibles, they keep on hammering your ass into abysmal oblivion. You keep getting higher and sicker, it can go for a day or two as well. It is an absolute fucking serious issue and I can't stress it enough, /rant over lol. So be careful ok?

How to decarb ganja....
    We are using a baking sheet that is pre heating with an oven to 220*F. Every oven is different but you will figure it out after the first time of decarbing ganja in the oven.

1) preheat an oven with a baking sheet inside to 220*F.
    2) coursely grind up a gram to a 1/4er of dank. The very same dank you would smoke. Remember most recipes like for brownies or cookies an 1/8th will do as here will be 12 brownies or cookies so you can easily dose the edibles correctly.
    3) make a foil packet to hold the roughly ground up ganja. Think envelope made of foil. You'll want to seam the edges with say the handle end of a butter knife. You'll want to make sure that the packet is big enough for the ganja to lay out in a thin layer, but not too big 5 or 6 inches squat is fine for up to a quarter. Make it smaller if you're doing a gram.
    4) put the foil packet containing the roughly ground ganja in the preheated oven on to the preheated baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes. That is typically long enough for up to a 1/4er of ganja. If it isn't, reveal the foil packet and put it back in for 10 minutes more.
    5) remove the packet only from the oven and leave the oven on. Let the packet cool to room temp or close to it. It's plausible you could lose some of the good stuff through some sort of evaporation.
    6) look over what you have. It should, in every way look like it is decarbed. What does that mean? It should be darker, not burnt but darker. It should be dry, like 100% dry as the desert kind of dry. It should smell all kinds of funky! Like funky britches funky. Depending on the ganja, you might actually see little beads of oil on the surface of the little kernals if you look close enough.
    7) there you have it, decarbed activated ganja ready to eat! Or is it? You can eat decarbed ganja like it is but it takes far longer to hit you and slowly creeps up. It can take up to two and a half hours to effect you if you eat decarbed ganja like it is. It is how ever ready to be made into canna oil / canna butter for cooking, medicated oil for eating (far far FAR more potent and is taken directly), or to be kept in its current form for single dose, on the spot type edibles.

Making it into the useable for you need...
    For brownies and cookies we will be taking the decarbed ganja and mixing it with the oil or butter called for in the recipe. Box brownie recipes cal for 2/3 cup of oil for example. So I would take that oil, mix it with the ganja and then introduce the tiniest amount of heat. I also grind the ganja kernals up between two spoons so it kind of powders them so they mostly dissolve into the oil or butter. Leave the heat so low that the little powdered pieces of ganja you can stil see are barely moving. Not frying in the oil, but steeping in it. Like tea does. We want the fat soluble THC to get absorbed into the fats of the oil or butter you're using. Then when you digest the edible and he nice the fats in the edible, you get high much faster and harder. Once the oil has steeped for 15 or 20 minutes it is ready to add to your brownie box mix or cookies. Cook as directed per the recipe and allow the oil to cool before adding to your recipe mix or you end up with scrabbled eggs lol!

For single dose edibles it really is easy to do! First you probably didn't decarb an entire 1/8th because you won't need to. Just decarb a gram so you can try it out. Then keep it in a small plastic container in the freezer or fridge. When you want to make a single dose edible, just take out the dose of say a quarter of a gram and then add it to what ever you're making. Like fire crackers or hot coco. Be sure to take the dose of decarbed ganja and smash it / grind it between two spoons as you add it so it makes it easier for absorption.

Fire crackers are basically a graham cracker with peanut butter on top where you went and mixed the decarbed ganja with the peanut butter. The fats in the oils in the peanuts will absorb the THC while it warms in the oven. You only need to put those fire crackers in a 225 to 250 degree oven for 15 or 20 minutes to help with making the edible effect you faster. Just enough for the indirect heat of the oven to steep the THC into the fats in the oils of the peanuts. There are a bajillion recipes in the edibles forum on fire crackers btw...

Hot coco is my go to single dose edible. I fucking love it and so did my elderly pops before he passed last winter. He was 94. He would wake up hurting something fierce or could sleep because of said pain. So I would make us hot coco with a twist. Here is what I did. You can certainly tweak the ingredients to what ever you like as long as you steep the single dose of decarbed ganja into the milk. It's the fats that allow it to work so well. Well that and the fact that you grind the decarbed ganja nice and fine as you put it into the milk.

Hot canna coco! Fucking yummy!
    1) in a small sauce pan, take a single dose (quarter of a gram of decarbed ganja) and add it to a cup of whole milk (add a teaspoon of coconut oil if the milk is low or non fat).
    2) put the sauce pan on a number 4 or 5 burner for 4 or 5 minutes. That is just enough time for it to just want to start boiling. You want to catch it before it boils.
    3) add a squirt of chocolate syrup to taste, 1 small square of milk chocolate, 1 small square of dark chocolate, 1 small square of caramel and slowly stir every 10 or 15 seconds for 4 or 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
    4) once the heat is off, let it set for 5 minutes, stir and pour over marshmallows that are sitting Ina nice fat mug!
    5) drink and get super baked!

After thoughts and other WTF types of stuff!
    With all of that said start with a quarter of a gram of decarbed ganja for a single dose and go up from there. As far as boxed recipes go I love them and they work amazing. The biggest reason edibles don't work is because people don't decarb the ganja. Yes I know that the traditional way of making butter is different and far harder. That's why I do it like this. No I don't strain the ganja out of the oil or butter I use for edibles, I only do that when making medicated oil to keep said oil from going rancid. Yes this is a long ass post, I do this when I'm baked. Good luck, you'll do just fine after a batch or two and work out the assholes and elbows of it all!

Post back with questions blade! :metal:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Considering your MIL has diabetes the best (IMO) edible choice for her would be a Green Dragon Tincture. Way more doses per gram of material than @plain@ edibles.

There is a thread in the Stickie section called Another Tincture thread : Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it