Expanding

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Juggalo9, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Hello everyone,
    About a year ago I purchased a Super Closet Superbox, my first hydroponic setup. In the beginning I failed as I expected I would, but I now have everything down and have had 3 successful harvests. My issue now is that the buds that come from the box are super fluffy and light. I'm not sure if the CFL in the box isn't strong enough or if the bag seed I've been using has bad genetics. Also my seed to harvest time is really long. So I'm looking to get into cloning, perpetual harvest, and I've purchased some quality genes this time around.

So after much research on the web and the GC forums I've decided to piece together some equipment as it saved me roughly $800 vs. buying one of super closets pre built options. Here's what I've purchased so far.

Equipment
    -Gorilla tent 2x4x7'11" $308
    -Supercloset Superponic 16 system $199
    -Apollo 600w digital ballast w/ hps bulb, 6in cool tube, and reflector $204
    -Hurricane 6in inline fan $76
    -Fan speed controller $21
    -6in Odor sok $40
    -6in clip fan $25
    -Shipping (combined from all sources) $128

Attitude seeds
    -10 "Female Seed Co." Feminized seed mix $30
    -5 "Vison Seeds" Northern Lights fem $38
    -1 "Humboldt Seed Organisation" OG Kush fem $0
    -1 "HSO" Pineapple Skunk fem $0

Besides the few things I need from the hardware store I think I'm all set.
    I'm going to use my superbox for cloning and veg and then move to the tent for flowering.

Id appreciate any comments or suggestions you may have!

2. Not bad at all but what about your water filter I suggest Ro or Ro2... then your in business :passing-joint:

3. It's your lighting...or lack of, that is causing your buds to be light and fluffy instead of dense and fat. I discovered this when we went from 2 lamps to 4. Our buds doubled and tripled in size. CFLs work great for veg, but don't do much when it comes to flowering. The harvest in the end is totally dependent on the strength and quality of lighting the plant receives throughout it's life. With a small grow space, the issue with a strong enough light is always the heat it puts off, unless money isn't a problem and you can afford a good quality LED. But even with the LED's, because they have no more coverage sq. ft. wise, you have to really invest in enough of them to cover more than one or two plants at a time. They have no reflection because of the way they're made and only shine straight down. When you bring them down closer to the plants to keep the plants from stretching, you have less coverage per sq. foot. When you raise them, you loose lumens on your plants. So it's a tough deal, but the lighting is the most important part of your grow setup and the stronger, better quality you can grow under, the better you'll be satisfied with your harvest. TWW

• Like Like x 1