Expanding the Rep system

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by NAMushrooms, Feb 25, 2008.

1. I noticed some people here are already maxed out on their rep they can receive. I thought it would be cool if they expanded it. Like have it start over with a different color bar, like blue bars or something.

other ideas for maybe making the rep system a bit better?

2. or maybe even blue bars, under the completed green bars.

3. This should be in General Feedback, but it is a good idea.

4. Just curious how, in under 2 months, you have so much rep...

5. he is a very big contributing member.........

6. I agree this sounds like a grand idea. I like the double bar and maybe even triple bars idea.

7. Its not hard when you are a dedicated Blade.

8. thanks guys for the very flattering compliments. :D

9. Wasn't trying to be negative at all, just not everyday does someone so new have so much rep. Seems as though it is well deserved, I just came back a week or two ago from a 1-2 year leave of absense, so I don't know many people here, except old timers.

10. Certain people tend to contribute more than others and that is what's reflected with rep. With the 'max rep' it certainly doesn't mean you have to stop posting with substance and meaning, because most don't. It would be nice to see some sort of 'higher rep,' put in place.

11. and who is to say he is a "new" member ya know lol?

i remember you from when i was on here alot back in the day

12. Join Date: Jan 2008

A recent join date is where I say he is new from.

(this doesn't mean that was the first time he had been to this forum, just the first time he has used that account to make a post)

13. its all about putting up good shit on the city.....dont spread hate and get some pics up and your rep will rise....once i get a camera i can show everyone on the city all the things ive beene dying to post up.....

14. I reached the end of the rep system and I didn't get the free half-bag I was promised.

I'm a little pissed.

15. ^^^ Haha second the motion. But yeah I'm down to have an expanded rep system.

16. While you don't get anymore green bars after 11, the little quote that shows up when you hold your mouse over it does change at certain rep points.

I think 2000 is "____ has a reputation beyond repute".

Then 3000 is "____ has a reputation above and beyond".

17. more, i need more bars!!!!

18. the green and yellow bars is how it is on every forum ive been on, im not sure but id imagine it'd be a bastard to change

19. But man, I got over 2000 more then that limit you posted.

Id be down for a expanded rep system.

20. We have more pressing matters than a rep system expansion right now but it'll go on the list. :)