Expanding the hole

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by charlie2000, Mar 3, 2013.

1. I find the hole at the bottom of the bowl (which is pretty much the same on every pipe regardless of style, type, or design) very constricting like sucking thru a straw. Anyway to make that hole larger perhaps with a dremel or something? I would like to have better airflow. Thanks for looking.

2. Bro, get a slide with either big holes or three small ones.
    Look at head shops
    Don't drill the hole, unless you want it to break

3. thanks I'll look into that. those little holes will clog so that is why i need a larger hole in the bowl.

4. You could try and drill it out bigger but make sure you're using a diamond drill bit. Maybe that could work?

5. I have a few bowls like this, all done by accident while ashing the bowl while it was hot, by inserting some metal object in there ... its not a very precise way of doing it but im sure you could recreate the same thing.. and the holes dont get much bigger, can still be easily covered with a screen (atleast on mine)

this definitely improves the hits lol

6. A new slide only costs $15, and a 3 hole slide will be better for your situation

7. a diamond on a dremel..

8. yes thats what happened to mine but now I have bits of glass at the bottom that I could not reach to remove. not cool for me.

9. #9 charlie2000, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2013
    I believe you are talking about a bong attachment and I really just wanted to stick to a pipe, but thanks anyway. I did however find the perfect pipe. Its the glass sherlock attachment for the mini incredibowl. I dont plan to use it with the mini incredibowl but rather by itself. It has a large opening with no threat of clogging. Its about $35 at the local head shop. Now all I have to do is find a really large screen.

10. This is what you should get instead of the incredibowl sherlock. With this you can put in any slide or ash catcher you want. You can even pick the size of the joint. J Handle - $15.99 : CyberShed

11. use a glass screen, the ones shaped like a daisy,

the bottom poker goes into the hole and then when your done, pull it out, the hole wont be clogged.

i wouldnt recomend drilling the hole in your bowl, because then it will be to big, and youll need a plug nug or a screen so you dont suck your weed down into the chamber.

if you do decide to drill, i guess use a carbide/diamond tipped drill bit.

12. DUDE!! This is exactly what I have been looking for!!! It's absolutely perfect! Much better (and cheaper) than the sherlock attachment. This should definelty solve my problem. Thanks so much!!

13. Thanks, I'm more of a brass screen rather than glass screen person but I will try and look that up. Not sure without seeing it what you mean so I'll do some research.

14. The title of this thread cracks me up everytiem I saw it, so i had to click it

glass screens get expensive if you lose them, which is easier than you think

be careful enlarging that hole, it could easily break since its glass. I usually look at that when buying a new bowl to make sure the hole isn't too big/small

15. #15 charlie2000, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013

Actually I never thought about that with the title but glad it gave you a chuckle. I have found a pipe that will solve my problem with the J Handle. I will probably get a slide or ash catcher to go with it as soon as I found out what the hell those are. Actually I think there is a potential for clogging with those as well but I'll have to do some more research or visit my local head shop. Otherwise I could just put a large enough screen inside of it.

16. get that j-handle and then try and find yourself a HiSi Drainbowl slide, it's got a built in screen made up of 8 holes instead of the traditional single hole of the push bowl slides.

17. #17 Fuzzy Nipples, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013
  18. Dremel... diamond bit... Have the whole bowl submerged under cold water as you drill. Take it very slowly.

19. Thanks I think the ice pinch bowl might work better for me though, because of less clogging.

20. Not everything. I'll still pay for it. But I appreciate the research and leg work you did for me. Really solved my problem with a very cool solution. I really should expand my horizens a bit and see whats out there. Back in the day we didnt have all the fancy stuff like today. Bongs were either plastic or ceramic and the stems were all the same...metal with a one hit bowl attached. Now with all these new designs and technology, the options are wide open.