Exotic Genetix Black Mamba

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by nissanskyline, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Im not sure if there is actually a problem here or not but one is growing a bit slower than the other. The plant with said issue also has leaves that tend to stick straight up and Ive read almost pretty much everywhere this is the sign of a healthy happy plant and I have also read this is a sign of stress.

Grow Info:
    Strain: Black Mamba (Exotic Genetix)
    Medium: Coco Loco
    Nutes: GO Box (following full feed schedule on box feeding every watering about twice a week)
    Water: Tap (ph 7.0)
    Pots: 1.75g plastic
    Veg Time: About 2 maybe 3 weeks at most, practically 12 12 from seed
    Flower Time: I dont recall exactly when I flipped but roughly between 3-4 weeks
    Lights: Air cooled 400w HPS supplemented with 600w LED panel (unsure of actual draw, probably 280?), 36" from plant tops
    Grow Area: 4x4 Tent
    Temps: 78-80 during lights on but unsure of the accuracy(less if i dont use the led, sometimes i dont)
    Humidity: Depends on local weather, 50%-60% usually, also unsure of accuracy
    Intake/Exhaust: 2 6" inline fans, one for intake into the tent and the other exhausting the HPS. I keep the door open during lights on and have extra fans blowing in.

Cant think of any other useful info off the top of my head right now. I dont pH my nutrient solution (as instructed on GO box) but when I do test the solution it always reads 6.4-6.8, assuming my pen is accurate (i never calibrated it).

The first set of 3 photos is the problem plant, and the second set of 3 plants is my other BM that is growing OK.

I believe I am in the onset of nitrogen toxicity as well so Im gonna back off the feeding for a couple waterings.

image1(5).jpeg image2(5).jpeg image3(4).jpeg

Second Set

image4(1).jpeg image5.jpeg image6.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. no worries about the leaves pointing up .lots of plants do that ,, mate nice plant you there , can see frosting on the small leaves as well ,but your right about about the Nitrogen water for next couple of watering ,,,mac,,

• Like Like x 1
  3. A lot of unsure's in the above comment?

You need to tighten that shit up

simple things like marking on ya phone, calendar or fridge when you flip 12x12 etc and other stuff too

saves you time and bucks later

Right now notice the 2-3 inches between internodes(gaps between leaves)

thats way to far 1-2 inches is good...

this indicates you have not given them enough light perhaps in veg..? or the light has been too high up?

above all is the army green color of the plant that is excess (N) that should have dissipated in early flower

I'd still pot up to a 3usg pot with 30-50% perlite will Dilute the excess veg nutes

correctly position the light..and you will get some in

pointy leaves is no biggy unless you are a crocus which means its too hot lol

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes light is probably too high... Ive been having heat issues and my tent setup is kinda wonky right now as there isnt real ventilation. I have 2 6" inlines one is exhausting my aircooled hps hood, and the other is just an intake. Temps outside have been 90+ with 60-70% humidity and I have been battling that indoors too running my AC unit practically 24/7 to keep the room temp around 70 degrees and inside the tent it will stay at 80 but I have to keep the tent door wide open with a large fan blowing inside the tent. Im hoping to make it through this harvest in the next month or so and I will be able to afford real ventilation. Because of the heat issue I have the HPS pretty much as high as possible in my tent but I have been setting my pots either on a small end table inside the tent or stacked on boxes to bring them up higher.

I havent really vegged these plants, the are practically 12 12 from seed with maybe 3 weeks or so of 18 hours of light, after they hit the 5th node I topped them and let the new shoots mature for another week or so before I flipped but im not really sure of the exact date, I suppose Ill start taking notes lol.

They seemed pretty good and not very stretchy until I flipped them but I flipped them when I put them in the tent and that is when I put the light a lot higher than it was before.

Thanks for your insight, since I have posted this the tall plant has started to bulk up, perhaps shes a slow grower.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I don't see anything majorly wrong with any of your plants other than the plants being a little to green, and
    vostok already spoke about that so I won't go there. As for the node spacing, you really can't do anything about that when you run pretty much 12/12 from start to finish. Yes, if you were growing a dominate indica, you could control that a whole lot more, but those crazy crosses that have their roots based on a landrace sativa will always make it more difficult to control things like that without some major training being added to the mix.

• Like Like x 1
  6. well its been about 4 weeks now and she has bulked up a ton lol

how much longer do you think this pheno will take? seems like it has upto 4 weeks or more still and the last 10 days ive been watching the pistils slooooowly turn lol. its been a solid 8 weeks in flower now. the other smaller plant i already harvested lol.

image1.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg image4.jpeg

here is a shot of the trichomes from the one i chopped, maybe took it a little too soon for most people at the first sight of amber and maybe 10% white pistils left but im down to my last 8th so lol.

image1(6).jpeg