Exhausting multiple tents

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by doleo, Jul 18, 2017.

1. I have a 4x4 tent and a 4x8 tent. The exhaust is tied together with a T-connection. I have an 8" fan that exhausts into the attic then it's reduced to a 6" line/fan/scrubber. But, before it connects to the 6" duct there is a T that has a 8" scrubber attached to it. There is a PDF diagram attached.

8" fan: 420 cfm
    6" fan: 240 cfm
    4x4 tent: 106 cubic ft
    4x8 tent: 213 cubic ft.

The 4x4 tent is fine, but am I going to get enough circulation in the 4x8 tent with this setup? Has anyone done anything similar to this? I don't have any plants in the 4x8 yet. I have mothers vegging in the 4x4 and I'm planning on beginning cloning within the next few weeks and I want to get this set up properly before I put any plants in there.

Attached Files:

2. Ya that would work, but having the 8" fan up stream of the t would be better

"Ducting for flew Gasses you want the highest output to be introduced up stream and the lowest down stream. With each attaching to the main vent."

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cool thanks for reply. I think I can swing that. Air Flow - Page 1.jpeg

4. It was a pain in the ass. But, I changed it up and feel good about it now. Thanks for the advice.

20170724_223358[1].jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. i have a really hard time believing that will work well. Booster fans don't have near enough static pressure to be useful for drawing through filters especially over a long run. looks pretty though lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I agree and learned that my first grow the hard way even with a larger 6" fan and smaller 4" filter.... was a no go and my grow stank to high heaven... I now run a 6" inline so I have no problem and the stank stays in the tent... the booster fan however does work great in my intake.. I have it set up to blow on top of my canopy and does a great job (along with a fan blowing at the end of the intake vent.)

Grow journal

7. So far the 6" is working in the 4x4 tent with no odor, but have yet to grow in the 4x8. I do get high temps though. It's been getting up to 95 while the garage is at about 79-84

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

8. I should probably get something more like this?

for the 4x8:

for the 4x4:

9. The links I made to Amazon aren't working. I'm concerned that even though it's working now, it won't work later. Especially, when I start SCROGging, which I've never done. I'm assuming I'll need top notch ventilation when I get a good canopy.

but here's the title for the 6" fan for the 4x4 tent. I would get the 8" version for the 4x8 tent.
    VIVOSUN 6 Inch 390 CFM Inline Duct Fan with Variable Speed Controller for Ventilation

10. Thanks. For some reason these aren't working in google chrome, but they work in tapatalk. After re-reading the ventilation faq thread, I found some good deals on ebay: an 8" 800 cfm and a 6" 390 cfm, both with variable speed controllers and low noise. I think they're a hybrid of the centrifugal and axial style. I really don't want to spend more money, but I don't want to find out I need more ventilation during full bloom, either.