Exhausting lights upstairs..

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by intents_medicine, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Hey everyone, I am in need of some advice.

I am currently running two 600's in a 4x8 tent for flowering, and have my 4x4 tent for veg. I currently vent outside, but with winter coming I cannot keep the temps up at night with the window open. Closing the window causes too much negative pressure in the house.

So, I want to exhaust my lights/tent, upstairs through my heating duct. I would be flowing the correct way for the duct. My question is, would there be too much humidity in the air to do this? Or would it be okay because it's not going through something that is ever really cold, to build up condensation? The ducting to the upstairs is in the grow room, so I just have to tee into that. This would solve my neg pressure as well as help my temps out from having the window open.

Also, should I exhaust the lights separate from the tent itself? I am going to have a carbon filter either way, so it would either go at the end of the lights in the tent, or on an exhaust fan in the tent. Any help is appreciated!

2. cant you pull a 6inch hole in wall and cover over with a vent?

carbon filter wont work over 70% humidity.

i have a seperate fan for lights and exhaust from carbon filter only , then join up with a 6 inch Y piece then up into chimney.

3. I could put a hole in the wall with a vent and that would fix the neg air pressure now, correct?

My plan at this point would be to exhaust my tent with carbon filter attached into the main room. Then cool the lights with the room air and exhaust that to my heating duct going upstairs to heat my bedroom. I use a fireplace for my main floor, but the upstairs stays chilly. The added heat from the lights should keep the upstairs more comfortable.

My humidity should* never go above 60%.

4. You talking about negative pressure in the tent? You want negative pressure. If you have positive then the smell will leak from the tent?

5. I know I want neg pressure in the tent. But I don't want neg pressure in my house.

This causes air to be sucked from my fireplace. Not bad enough to fill my house with smoke, but I can notice a difference in starting my fires. Smoke does want to come inside.

The neg pressure is caused by me exhausting my flower tent outside, and not pulling in enough outside air. I keep the window cracked/open now but as winter approaches that isn't the best option. I have thought about the option of adding an intake fan from a window box to control how much cold air comes in, but I'd rather move the exhaust upstairs and eliminate the neg pressure all together. The tent will still have neg pressure from the exhaust fan.